DIY - Stubby your Exhaust. Not 56K Friendly. - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY - Stubby your Exhaust. Not 56K Friendly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
crowbar
Respect can't be bought.

CF Pimp
crowbar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:42 PM
Flip Offs: 85
Flipped Off 49 Times in 36 Posts
crowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond reputecrowbar has a reputation beyond repute
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: DIY - Stubby your Exhaust. Not 56K Friendly.

well done man, I will be using this as a reference soon enough.

Got a question about modifying your Z1000? send me a message, I can probably help.
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
SV66650
Whomadethatmanagunner?

CF Pimp
SV66650's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 23 Times in 21 Posts
SV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to behold

funny I have a stubby leo vinci on MY SV... what a coincidence! Mine's not black though, and after seeing yours I think it should be.

SV66650 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Punkbrad
good with tools
Fighterer
Punkbrad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Punkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV66650 View Post
funny I have a stubby leo vinci on MY SV... what a coincidence! Mine's not black though, and after seeing yours I think it should be.
thanks 66650 - i dont recommend the ceramic satin black stuff. use a gloss. it shows dirt and greas and I will soon have to re-fire it in another color. i will prolly just go gloss wrinkle or something. maybe pink....?

I'm not anti-social, society is anti-me.

90 347 1216: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=18866
Punkbrad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #14
gsxrjez
Londons finest SRAD
Senior Fighterer
gsxrjez's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
gsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly how I did mine mate, minus the paint. But I used a hacksaw instead of a cut-off wheel. Really hard to get straight. Mine needs to bet atiny bit cut off to be straight and true and I managed to drill the rivet holes so that the end cap spouts off to the side. DOH

Good wright up.
gsxrjez is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
skidMarkNZ
NZ = NOT AUSTRALIA.
Senior Fighterer
skidMarkNZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
skidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud ofskidMarkNZ has much to be proud of

Pffft 11 inches. mines bigger.
skidMarkNZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
g-town
Throttle Junky
Fighter
g-town's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:42 PM
g-town is a good noobieg-town is a good noobie

I made some simple changes to your DIY for my carbon yoshi rs-3, but all in all it worked out great. Thanks for the info. It is easier to cut up a $350 muffler when someone else says they have done it already and has pics to prove it!
g-town is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
gee'd_up
Noobie
gee'd_up is a NOOB

im definantly gonna be subscribed to this. gonna be starting my tear down once again on my fighter
gee'd_up is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #18
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

I can't find a muffler in the style I want that is also short enough for the spot I want to put it so I'll probably have to do something like this as well. I'm glad to see it all worked out and that it seems pretty simple. Good job!

Mike
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
ARNO
Too much is never enough!
CF Addict
ARNO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:42 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 81 Times in 81 Posts
ARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Very nice work mate, ive been looking something like that THANKS
ARNO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #20
lawnchairpuff
Fighterer
lawnchairpuff's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
lawnchairpuff is making some friendslawnchairpuff is making some friendslawnchairpuff is making some friendslawnchairpuff is making some friendslawnchairpuff is making some friends

I'll be needing this soon enough. Great work!
lawnchairpuff is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power