GS500E Fuel Injection - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GS500E Fuel Injection

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #41
VT420
fail-o-matic
CF Pimp
VT420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Flip Offs: 620
Flipped Off 609 Times in 85 Posts
VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!VT420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: GS500E Fuel Injection

the already mentioned price issue, also MS can do closed loop, including target A/F

but i do see where you're coming from for sure....

: putting the fight in fighter since always....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
Let man fear woman when she hateth; for man in his innermost soul is merely evil; woman, however, is mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
VT420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #42
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Mikey....would you have any interest in helping build an EFI system for a Sabre?
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #43
Freestyle72
Fighterer
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
Freestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Congrats on getting it to idle! Where did you get the TB from? Mine is an EX650, but that was only because it was what the original guy I found in Europe was using. Supposed to be a pretty easy fitup.

For pricing, I got the $595 right off the website from DIYautotune on the PNP system. I agree, if you're not at least moderately familiar with electronics and microcontroller programming, this would be just about impossible without having a pre-built system to start with. If I get mine doing what I intend it to do, no need for fuel maps, but that's going to be a few iterations on down the road. I'm still trying to get the stupid base circuit to fire correctly. They don't exactly explain a lot in the data sheet, and it leaves a lot open to trail and error.

BTW, I got the book for $25 at Barnes and Noble or Borders or something. Don;t recall, but the price tag is still on it.
Thanks in the congrats.

I am using the Throttlebodies off an 2004 R6.. Main reason being the outside cylinders spacing was only .5mm off so I just had to respace the one in the middle Also it's a CV type TB which is nice because there is no stepper motor to deal with on the secondaries. Extended the fuel rail a little. Still need a little bit of modification but I gotta away with using the stock intake ports which saved me a lot of money vs using cnc'ed intake ports. I just need to cut and weld some stuff for the brackets make the cold idle work, and the and to hook up the throttle cables better rather than buy new cables also need a block off for the FPR since the R6 fuel pump is self regulating.

All minor things... Right now I am trying to wrap my head around getting a custom trigger wheel lasered so I can actually get microsquirt to control the spark. I am going to steal the spark map from the custom CDI I have already and I'll use a stock R6 fuel map to get the bike rideable.

After that I will try to butt dyno tune along with megasquirts closed loop system where it will continuously correct the maps until you reach your ideal AFRs in each rpm range. The longer you ride the better the map gets. Finally I'll do the last bit on a dyno but that probably won't be until the end of next summer.
Freestyle72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #44
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:51 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight My Shaft View Post
Mikey....would you have any interest in helping build an EFI system for a Sabre?
Sure. If I can ever get this one going anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
Thanks in the congrats.

I am using the Throttlebodies off an 2004 R6.. Main reason being the outside cylinders spacing was only .5mm off so I just had to respace the one in the middle Also it's a CV type TB which is nice because there is no stepper motor to deal with on the secondaries. Extended the fuel rail a little. Still need a little bit of modification but I gotta away with using the stock intake ports which saved me a lot of money vs using cnc'ed intake ports. I just need to cut and weld some stuff for the brackets make the cold idle work, and the and to hook up the throttle cables better rather than buy new cables also need a block off for the FPR since the R6 fuel pump is self regulating.

All minor things... Right now I am trying to wrap my head around getting a custom trigger wheel lasered so I can actually get microsquirt to control the spark. I am going to steal the spark map from the custom CDI I have already and I'll use a stock R6 fuel map to get the bike rideable.

After that I will try to butt dyno tune along with megasquirts closed loop system where it will continuously correct the maps until you reach your ideal AFRs in each rpm range. The longer you ride the better the map gets. Finally I'll do the last bit on a dyno but that probably won't be until the end of next summer.
Why not use the tach instead of a crank trigger? From what I've seen, the system needs to stay on during closed valves unless your doing direct injection.

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #45
Freestyle72
Fighterer
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
Freestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Sure. If I can ever get this one going anyway.

Why not use the tach instead of a crank trigger? From what I've seen, the system needs to stay on during closed valves unless your doing direct injection.
If you use the tach signal then you need to ALSO use a cam sensor to figure out the actual crank position for full sequential injection.

For me its even more pain in the ass (and expense) to put in a proper cam sensor than to make a trigger wheel that will give good accuracy and exact crank position.
Freestyle72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #46
mitch500
Fightering commuter bikes
Fighterer
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Flip Offs: 32
Flipped Off 22 Times in 4 Posts
mitch500 is well likedmitch500 is well likedmitch500 is well likedmitch500 is well likedmitch500 is well likedmitch500 is well liked

What ever happened to this build?

Did it get completed?
mitch500 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #47
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Been working out of the state and out of the country for a while. It's still there, just not completed.

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mikey!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #48
L8asusul
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
L8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friends

Read the full text but did not see anything about this. Most motorcycles, GS500 included, fire the coil twice per cycle. There are two pick ups, one for each coil, but as you are running off the crank it fires the coil every time the piston is near TDC. The tack drive would be great, if only it wasn't over driven 2:1. That all said, my 86 BMW K75 is factory FI, it also fires the plugs twice and the fuel flow is constant (the old Bosch Air Vane air flow system). This method works fine for what these bikes are, commuters. I like where you are going with this. I have looked at the Megasquirt many times as I am not electronically minded, but could not justify the initial cost and trial & error required to get the required reliability. My son has a GS500 and I look forward to duplicating your work on his.
L8asusul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power