Bandit 1200 motor 1000 bucks - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bandit 1200 motor 1000 bucks

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
Stainr
Back at it for now.

CF Addict
Stainr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:37 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
Stainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bandit 1200 motor 1000 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha dump View Post
Don't waste your money buying an ignition advancer. If you want to alter the ignition timing, then simply slot the three holes on the stock ignition mounting plate, so you can rotate it. That way you can adjust the ignition timing however you want to.
I will have to look into that then. Thanks!

There is no such thing as a person being worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=64216

93' Suzuki GSX-R 750 fighter project
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38976
Stainr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #32
Stainr
Back at it for now.

CF Addict
Stainr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:37 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
Stainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to behold

Looks easy enough. What could go wrong? lol I am looking more into this thanks for the insight.

There is no such thing as a person being worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=64216

93' Suzuki GSX-R 750 fighter project
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38976
Stainr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #33
Toksick660
Finaly Joined Up!!!
Fighter
Toksick660's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Toksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to all

here is what u can do with a g.....
provided u do the work urself and dont have someone wrench it for yah.....

89 gsxr 750 cams and a custom cam chain and tensioner. cause you will be a few links short...
while you have the head off mill it down a little bit and. they sell a sanding table at harbor freight for 70 bucks that you can just drop the head on for a few seconds and then caliper it out for evenness and how much you have milled. hit it with a cookie and a die grinder to get her smooth real nice and get urself a metal head gasket. before you put it all together remove your valves and everything and give that head a good flow job to make use of those cams. port and polish. replace your valve springs while ur in there too. get urself some banjo bolts for te sides of the head and make yourself a top end oiling kit. take the stock 38 mm mikunis clean em up. throw in a stage tree jet kit. run urself 93 octane with an additive or 98 at the bare minnimum. ditch the pet cock and set up a free flowing setip with a ball valve. I will have pics of what i did on my tank up soon. get urself some pods or velocity stacks. and some screens to collect large debris if you like. get yourself some slightly hotter plgs. advance your timing 1 degree.. you'll be hitting great numbers with a configuration like that without even spending 450 to 500 bucks. u want me to keep going and bring you to the full thousand?????? I got you man
Toksick660 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #34
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Don't try skimming your head with a die grinder, or a sanding table. It requires rather more accuracy than you can ever get using those tools.
The stock combustion chamber volume is nominally 26cc, you need to remove a significant amount of material to increase the C/R to the same figure as using the 750J/K head, which has a nominal combustion chamber volume of 22cc.
The stock carbs on a Bandit 1200 are Mikuni BST36, these carbs run best with either the OEM airbox or K&N dual oval filters, they don't like individual filters and certainly not velocity stacks.
You can retain the OEM airbox and fit a K&N replacement filter, by cutting the airbox lid to leave a strip around 15/12mm all the way around, you can effectively turn the K&N filter into the airbox lid, allowing much greater airflow. Leave the curved section on the bottom of the lid to deflect any crap coming up from around the shock, and drill a 6mm hole in the bottom left corner to allow any fluid to drain out when on the sidestand.
With a full system and a Dynojet stage3 kit using 155 mainjets this will see around 127bhp and 82lb/ft.
If you do the same spec but using the 750J/K head and cams then you'll see closer to 140bhp and around 87lb/ft.
The same spec and head using Wiseco 1186cc 80mm pistons will take you to around 147bhp and 90lb/ft, but you will need to use a minimum of 98RON fuel as the C/R will be approx 13.2-1
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
mpls|cafe|racer
HipsterKillerGarage

mpls|cafe|racer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 125 Times in 97 Posts
mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Don't try skimming your head with a die grinder, or a sanding table. It requires rather more accuracy than you can ever get using those tools.
...Did someone suggest that?! Haha

WAY DOWN HERE ON LEVEL 7, HIDING FROM THE RADIATION.
mpls|cafe|racer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #36
ActionJaxon
Street Fitin 2 Death
Senior Fighterer
ActionJaxon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
ActionJaxon is well likedActionJaxon is well likedActionJaxon is well likedActionJaxon is well likedActionJaxon is well likedActionJaxon is well liked

well.

ill just find 2 more people with another 1000 each, and beat them up.

then. buy a turbo.
ActionJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ActionJaxon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
Toksick660
Finaly Joined Up!!!
Fighter
Toksick660's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Toksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to allToksick660 is a name known to all

Quote:
I suggested it and the only reason is I have done it numerous times. on plenty of heads including the heads on my supra... yes i said heads. its got a a stroked out gt motor in it. the process is more than accurate enough to give you a square head to work with. 400 grit on a sanding table after measuring at the corners and at every two inches inbetween with a caliper after achieving square and then checking after letting it sit on the table for a bit. believe it or not I have worked for a few shops. guys that sell used parts. reconditioned shit. whatever. gues what they do..... same thing. i did it on the heads of mt 89 lincoln town car when i got it cause it had blown head gaskets. shaved it just cause i wanted to. car lasted another 15 years till my guy i sold it to wrecked it. think of this. why need a mill????? throw it on a sanding table. its own weight will make it achieve perfect square so long as you let it sit and move free. afterward hit it soft with a cookie and then 800 grit and check for uniformity in the surface and your golden.... as far as accuracy MD thats what a caliper is for brotha. check and re check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer View Post
...Did someone suggest that?! Haha
I suggested it and the only reason is I have done it numerous times. on plenty of heads including the heads on my supra... yes i said heads. its got a a stroked out gt motor in it. the process is more than accurate enough to give you a square head to work with. 400 grit on a sanding table after measuring at the corners and at every two inches inbetween with a caliper after achieving square and then checking after letting it sit on the table for a bit. believe it or not I have worked for a few shops. guys that sell used parts. reconditioned shit. whatever. gues what they do..... same thing. i did it on the heads of mt 89 lincoln town car when i got it cause it had blown head gaskets. shaved it just cause i wanted to. car lasted another 15 years till my guy i sold it to wrecked it. think of this. why need a mill????? throw it on a sanding table. its own weight will make it achieve perfect square so long as you let it sit and move free. afterward hit it soft with a cookie and then 800 grit and check for uniformity in the surface and your golden.... as far as accuracy MD thats what a caliper is for brotha. check and re check.

Action you get urself a stage 3 jet kit in those mikunis and a set of 89 gsxr cams. get some valve springs, new valves while ur at it. flow, port, polish that head, shave it however you like. hotter plugs. advance the timing and i dont see any reason why you cant get 170 outta that motor with the right tune and exhaust the way i have seen on the bandits the more free flowing the better. a little restriction is good but not too much needed. esspecially if you take care of valves and springs while your in there. back pressure isnt necessary from what I've seen. I'm gonna have a chain and everything on my bike next week and bring it to the dyno after i tune her to a base. i'll share some numbers. I have a very similar config to what I am suggesting with the exception of having the 1216 kit on mine. check out my build.
Toksick660 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #38
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Ditch the CV carbs, if you want to make good power then get some Mikuni RS series flatslides, or some Mikuni TMR series roller flatslides. You can also use the Keihin FCR but I prefer to use the Mikunis. I've had several on my dyno equipped with the stock BST36 Mikuni CV carbs, and they are the biggest hinderance to making big numbers. It is possible to get 170bhp, but it costs rather more money than is being discussed in this thread.
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #39
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

aren't the Mikuni RS series flatslides pretty damn expensive?

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #40
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

this is what i have planned

gsxr 750 cam
top end oiler kit
pods
jet kit

i have an advanced in it and a dan moto pipe on it now.

I assume this would put me around 120/130 and i am happy with that..... for now.

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Nailhead!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power