Bike running/idling like SHIT - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bike running/idling like SHIT

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover
GSX750_SF's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:24 PM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Bike running/idling like SHIT

When I start the Kan-O-Tuna, it runs fairly decent...the idle is quite a bit high (2,500-3k) but I can resolve that with adjusting the idle screw, once I get it to running!

I will go out in the mornings, and fire the bike up and let i run on choke for 15-20 seconds, then take the choke off, and "feather" the throttle to keep it running. It'll idle roughly, but then die after a couple of minutes.

HERE IS WHERE THE TROUBLE STARTS...............After the bike dies, IT WILL NOT START AGAIN for 4-5 hours.

I cleaned the carbs, bench-synched them. and now the fucking thing won't run on it's own long enough for me to get it fucking run properly!

I am running a straight header right now, so I know that will affect it a little bit.

Last time I took the carbs off, there was gas and oil in my airbox...(like 8 ounces)

Matt was helping me, but got tied up...any suggestions? Thanks guys!

***'94 GSX750F StreetFighter Under Con/(de)struction here>>> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=72545***

Kate Beckinsale is a bad bitch...I'd drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart into a walkie-talkie. True talk.

GSX750_SF is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Flip Offs: 138
Flipped Off 106 Times in 61 Posts
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Bike running/idling like SHIT

Tank venting properly?

Why do so many people embrace mediocrity instead of seeking excellence?
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover
GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

To my knowledge. I ave the vent hoses ran over the back of the tank, and the vacuum hose hooked up to the side o carb #4 like it's supposed to be.

Speaking of the tank, when I set it in the "prime" location, it sounds like it is literally flooding the bowls of my carbs with fuel...but of course, I cannot SEE in the bowls, so who knows?

***'94 GSX750F StreetFighter Under Con/(de)struction here>>> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=72545***

Kate Beckinsale is a bad bitch...I'd drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart into a walkie-talkie. True talk.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Fate
GURU of da poo poo
Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I mean the gas cap. It could be vapor locking.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover

It seals properly to my knowledge....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover

How would I check?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
Fate
GURU of da poo poo

If it vapor locks than gas can't be delivered to the carbs. So in that 4-5 hour period when the bike wont start, open the gas cap and see if it starts.

This user High Fived Fate!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover

I'll check NOW...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover

Ok, so I went outside....hit the starter (gas cap closed) and the fucker fired right up! Last time I tried was about 45 minutes ago, and it died.

So, I figured while it was running I would take a short jog down the road...it ran good, until I was going up a hill, then bogged down and died. It died 5-6 times on me, but fired up again every time. But would not stay running after the initial "bog" for longer than 10-15 seconds.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #10
blensen
GURU

CF Addict
blensen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:24 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sounds to me like you're running the bowls dry one way or the other. Fuel filter? Pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter
my throttle response was as fast as an old man with parkinsons trying to put his keys in the door
blensen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power