Bike running/idling like SHIT - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bike running/idling like SHIT

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #31
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover
GSX750_SF's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Bike running/idling like SHIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suban12 View Post
Ok dude.Really cant think of anything else off the top of my head at the moment.You seem to have covered all the bases.Sorry cant be of much help to ya. Let us know what the fix was when you get it figured out.Good luck.Remember if all else fails ,whisky cures all!!!
Thanks brother.

***'94 GSX750F StreetFighter Under Con/(de)struction here>>> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=72545***

Kate Beckinsale is a bad bitch...I'd drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart into a walkie-talkie. True talk.

GSX750_SF is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #32
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover
GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GSX750_SF is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I found THIS>>> http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...=159718&page=3 <<< on GixxeR.com...the guys are dick-breaths, but a damn good write up on BST36SS carbs!

I'll try this Sunday...tomorrow, I have a radio interview with the band in Memphis.

***'94 GSX750F StreetFighter Under Con/(de)struction here>>> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=72545***

Kate Beckinsale is a bad bitch...I'd drag my nuts through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart into a walkie-talkie. True talk.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #33
GSX750_SF
King Ding-A-Ling
CF Lover

I am getting ready to roll out to Memphis with the band...but check this link in about 2 hours, please...the video should be uploaded by then...Thanks so much gents!!!

VIDEO OF KAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/FJQSPtHMkDU

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #34
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Try this and see if it helps any. Pull the carbs and make sure your float heights are 14mm measure from the bowl mating face of the carb body to the top of the float. Once set adjust your idle/air screws to about a1 1/2 from fully seated. Look at the buttuerflys on the side that goes to the head. Turn your idle adjusting crew out until its off the throttle arm. Then turn it back in until you see about half a tiny hole exposed by the butterfly in each carb. Reinstall on the bike. Check your plugs and make sure they are dry an clean(ish). When you go to start it give it full choke and see if it starts and runns. If it does let it run till the motor jumps up to about 2-3k for a minute or two. The back the choke off and adjust idle screw if needed and take for a tes ride. Should be a very close starting point.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #35
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hope it helps bro.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #36
Dman1320
Here to F stuff up
Fighter
Dman1320's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud of

At this point, as long as you have all the settings verified right for the carbs like float height and idle screws, I would be tempted to start looking at the ignition side of things. Check your coils, wires, clean plugs that are gapped right, pickup coil, and any switches like sidestand or kill switch. Just to make sure your ignition is solid and your not chasing the wrong issue. And for an older bike with stock ignition, try gapping your plugs a little tighter, might help. Had a cold start issue with a cbr f2, and made some plug wires and gapped the plugs .005 tighter, now I can go fire it right up in ball shrinking cold weather.
Dman1320 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Dman1320!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #37
Dman1320
Here to F stuff up
Fighter
Dman1320's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Dman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud of

And your sig is very damn distracting. I can't stop staring at her. Repped for tit-sig.
Dman1320 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Dman1320!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #38
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

A couple things that may help:
Find the service manual for the bike, not just clymers or chilton.
Find the proper idle setting and adjust.
Adjust every carb setting according to the manual. including float height.
check for leaks in your intake boots (can be done after fixing running issue)
triple check vent hose routing

Rule out the carbs by doing the above,
rule out the gas tank and vent issues by setting up an auxilary fuel tank (metal water bottle is perfect)

Still no start: pull plugs as mentioned, check power from coils, starter relay, grounds

"Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it" Ratfighter
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mista M!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #39
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict

As mista m said above. From my hunting idle should be around 1200 for a 600 should also work for the 750. What I disctibed above is how my carbs on my 2000 750 motor are set but I'm running a 94 ignition box and the TpS isn't hooked up. I have my idle set at about 1k. It will be a little different for the early Kat but what I gave you should hopefully get it running steady. Keep us up dated please

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #40
4cups

Right From the start.....
First check & adjust the valves as its a waste of time dicking about with carbs if the tappets are all over the place, then check you have a good clean spark on all 4 plugs, new ones would be a good idea !

Then you can get into the carbs

#1 You mention the PO running pods so check you have the stock main jets for using the stock airbox

#2 Check the pilots are also stock for the same reason, some idiots change them when theres no need

#3 Check you have stock needles not DJ or similar

#4 Check all the above is clean & unblocked

#5 Check that needle valve & filter is clear & unblocked

#6 look for oval emulsion tubes, replace if they are

#7 Set float height correctly 14mm with the carbs upside down is NOT correct, floats are set with the carbs tilted so that the tang is touching but not compressing the needle valve

#8 Check diaphrams for splits or cracks

#9 Make sure the O rings under the carb tops are there & good

#10 Re-assemble & bench set butterflies, use a thin feeler guage to get them all the same

#11 Set airscrews to stock setting

#12 Fit carbs

#13 Check for collapsed fuel line & split vac line while you are there

#14 Check inlet rubbers for splits, its never going to run right with an air leak

#15 Get that air box on properly no gaps or poorly fitted rubbers

#16 Dont use an extra filter, if theres any crap getting through the fuel tap filter & the filters behind the needle valves you have a really shitty tank so clean it out

#17 Check fuel tap for operation & DONT leave it on prime for any length of time, its ok to use prime to start it if needed

#18 Block vac line & start it on a temp fuel supply, warm it & sync carbs ( a clean washing up liquid bottle will do as a temp fuel tank) tickover should be around the 1000 mark

Once all that is done correctly it should run & you have a starting point but is probably be going to be weak due to the daft exhaust, if anything changes when fitting the tank you know the problem lies there

The next thing is getting it to run well with a daft exhaust & the options are ~a~ better exhaust or ~b~ rejet to suit

Hope it helps
  Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived !

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power