Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Post your Helmet !!!!

40K views 93 replies 51 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm gonna be looking for some gear soon, and I'm sure this could help lots of others, so......

Post up your helmet,

what is it?

do you like it?

Pros?

Cons?

What you paid?

Pics dont hurt either.

I'll try to rep everyone

#36 ·

Shoei RF1000
Price: Foreeee :D

PROS: Fits my head very well, especially with the interchangable cheek pads. Good ventilation, quiet, and more aerodynamic than my old helmet.

CONS: Non-removable liner, I can't use my custom-molded earplugs with this helmet because the way the helmet fits around my ears causes the earplugs to let in a lot of noise (this would obviously vary from user to user), I'm not so hot on the flashy graphics (I'm planning on fixing that, though).

#37 ·
I have the XXR Bandit. The best, lightest helmet I have ever owned.

#38 ·
I rock a gloss black RXX3. I love it. Its got the looks I want, the feel I want(After I slightly carved the front and rear foam out so it didn't pinch my head soo bad, yes, its an XL. I have a huge head). Like stated earlier, Craft doesn't deal in the US anymore, so the smoke visor I want is $100. I paid $140 shipped I think, brand new still in box.

#39 ·
The only thing about the XXR is if you where glasses they can't be very large not much room to slide them through the eye port.

Reactions: oldrider
#40 ·
It is a Roof Boxer 05

Paid around $300 and then had it air brushed

Pros:
The roll up chinbar
Fit

Cons:
a little noisy, but I still like it.

#42 ·
Ya, they are legal.

Reactions: oldrider
#44 ·
What is it? Do you like it? Pro's/cons?

#45 ·

Bandit Alien II
Pros- It looks fucking cool
Tons of airflow
Cons- It's really big
It doesn't fit my head shape the greatest

HJC CL-SP
Pros- Great everyday helmet
Cheap
Quick release shield
Removable liner
Good vents
Cons- For the price there aren't any

Can't say much about this one yet, I've only worn it once. Seemed to fit well and be reasonably quit, but again, it looks cool as shit.

#46 ·
Two shark rsr2's:

Good: Weight (lightest out there), fit (I have an odd shaped bean), infinite adjust visor with easy removal, graphics (the duhamel replica is stunning), 5yr warranty
Bad: Visors ($90 ea.) and the visor coating peeled on both, trying to get warranty work done been waiting 5 months now :mad:,

Cost: I paid 300 for each, msrp is about 600

I like em, just need to get the warranty work done, think i'll call the local shop again and harass them some more.

#47 ·

Joe Rocket ( Made by HJC) RKT 101 Villain Helmet
Fiberglass Shell
Cheap $99 on clearance at http://www.newenough.com/ ($250 helmet)
Snell & DOT Approved
Just ordered it Will give more feedback as soon as I get it.

HJC CL- 15 Mutant
Polycomposite Shell
Snell & DOT approved
Cheap. I paid $115 bucks at a Bike shop for it but its on clearance for like $70 bucks http://www.newenough.com/\
Light with OK airflow.
I wore this Last season and now its going to be my passenger/Spare
Noise is good till about 80 mph

#48 ·

Arai Vector in Aluminum Silver(matte silver).

Paid: $450 i think

Owned: about a year

Best helmet I have ever owned hands down. Arai's quality is excellent and the fit is perfect and so comfortable.

Pros: Fit, super light, its an arai, flows a lot of air, super stable, Doesnt block a ton of sound, my visor has tear off posts:LolLolLolLol:.

Cons: decent amount of wind noise because it flows a lot of air(not a con to me but bothers some), shield lock system is a little bit of a pain with gloves. My old shoei had a "cracked" position which was nice for cool mornings but that lever also broke.

When i got this helmet it was between this and a Suomy. The selling point on this was an excellent dealership that was willing to work with me from 2hrs away. Shipped me two helmets to see which fit better when i paid for one. who does that?:LolLolLolLol:

I used to work at a dealer that sold Arai, Suomy and Shoei and i can tell you that if you can afford it, you wont be dissapointed(unless you wreck it).

The Suomy helmets(last i checked) were not Snell, but conformed to British standards which i think are a better show of quality. For snell the manufacturer only has to send a small sample of the helmets for an entire line. I think with the british standards its like 1 in every 500 sold needs to be tested or something crazy like that. Plus they are purchased from retailers and not send from the factory. Stuff like that.

#51 ·
i finally broke down and just did it! i've been thinkin about having a custom helmet painted to match the bike-and then i came across this!!!! i got it from powersportsxpres on ebay. he guarenties to beat anyone else's price on the same retail item. i found one for $390+ $12 s&h-got this for $375 shipped. cant give any reviews as we're still a little snowed in. it fits great, and its a damn near perfect match for the bike!

shoveled a path to the shed, so i should be able to et it out this weekend, keeping fingers crossed, and toes.

cheers odieoh24

#55 ·
#58 ·
#57 ·
I have a Scorpion EXO-700, I don't remember exactly, but it was about $120ish.
Pros - Snug fit, lots of color choices, affordable, like 400 vents in it
Cons - Noisier than expected (but I just use headphones most of the time)

Bonus - I actually lost my breath deflector (the one on front that deflects you hot nose exhale down not to fog it up) and the dropped my helmate (barely) and lost the top back vent plastic piece. After realizing that these were missing called Scorpion up and told them they fell off (implied it was their defect) and they mailed my new ones that were there like next day!) - I'd but a Scorpion again for the service quality.

#59 ·
Just scored this thing a couple months ago as an upgrade from my KBC

Its the AGV Stealth and it is probably one of the sweetest lids I've ever sported. I give it a 10 of 10 in all categories
not sure about the comfort level during face plants and whatnot, but its pretty awesome. :party-smiley:

Oh, and the KBC was an Airborne or something and it was a great helmet too, much less expensive but still a good helmet...

#60 ·
Currently wearing this one

Just picked up this online last night.

Haven't received it yet, so I can't post any info, when I do, I'll post a review. I know it's not for everyone but I got an amazing deal on it, and it's brother got a great review on webbikeworld.

I wanted something that had some orange in it, and I needed a new helmet. Hopefully this will do until I can get the Bell Star I want.

#61 ·
I've got 3 helmets, switch em up depending on what gear I'm wearing. Scorpion EXO400, HJC cant remember which model it is but it has a flip down internal sun visor. And an Arai Quantum 2.

The EXO400 is comfortable, not real quiet, decent venting. The HJC is similar to the EXO comfort wise and is slightly quieter but the sun visor doesnt come down far enough and lets light in under it which is kinda anoying. The Arai is nice, reasonably quiet, comfy beyond belief, light, good venting except for the chin vent which howls a bit when open.

Actualy i have one BIG issue with the Arai, the visor lock SUCKS ASS, its a bitch to open with gloves on, and there are no detents to hold it open partialy. Id like a mechanism like the EXO on the Arai

Arai Quantum 2, this is my newest lid, crappy cell phone pics, the pin is RED not pink lol. The paint on the Arai is way nice with TONS of metalic. I really like this helmet. I nabbed it for $300 tax in brand new in the box on clearance.

#63 ·
Nice AGV endo. I tried on a few AGV's when I bought my Arai and I loved the fit...But I didnt love the price they wanted, $900 was way outta my price range. If i found one for a decent $ I'd buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.