What would you do? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What would you do?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:25 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: What would you do?

They put brackets on tons of seats. If you aren't sure use excessive amounts of jb weld, and large brackets with multiple attachment points. That's what I was going to suggest, but my approach is always brutish.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #12
remfanuk
Fighter
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

its the screwing mounting points to the underside of the seat that is potentially full of risk...i am hoping i don't have to go down that route.
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #13
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Not sure why you say that. Lots of people do it. If you are concerned drill a hole the size of your bolt head, and make a slot the size of the shaft, and put the bolts in and slot them down, and then jb weld up the hole. Captive bolts.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #14
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If you need to add fasteners to the pan, look into riv-nuts or rivet-nuts. You drill a hole, insert the riv-nut, then collapse it like a rivet.

Easy-peasy.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500
76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2019, 04:29 AM   #15
remfanuk
Fighter
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
Not sure why you say that. Lots of people do it. If you are concerned drill a hole the size of your bolt head, and make a slot the size of the shaft, and put the bolts in and slot them down, and then jb weld up the hole. Captive bolts.
Its a plastic seat...no metal...JB Weld only for metal isnt it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2019, 04:30 AM   #16
remfanuk
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
If you need to add fasteners to the pan, look into riv-nuts or rivet-nuts. You drill a hole, insert the riv-nut, then collapse it like a rivet.

Easy-peasy.

Later, Doug
I like the idea of that...again, the seat unit is plastic so would rivnuts still work?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2019, 09:31 PM   #17
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remfanuk View Post
I like the idea of that...again, the seat unit is plastic so would rivnuts still work?

Threaded inserts in plastic is common practice. Nutserts moreso than rivnuts but both will work. However for rivnuts you'll need a special install tool with thread size-specific attachments for each thread size you want to use. Also I hate them.

I'd use these for your circumstance:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...hoC144QAvD_BwE

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #18
remfanuk
Fighter

had a good look at them and other derivatives and they may be a realistic option. thanks.
This user High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #19
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Or you could strip the seat and fit bolts through the base, secured with a nut and lockwasher, to give you studs on the underside of the seat. If you going to trip the shape of the front of the seat then you'll have to be taking off the vinyl covering anyway...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #20
remfanuk
Fighter

Decided against trimming the front of the seat but like your idea aa another alternative.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal