Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Fighters with wire wheels

51K views 105 replies 38 participants last post by  rabies 
#1 ·
Saw this bad boy pop up over on the CF Facebook page and it made me want to see more fighters (preferably fairly modern or with modern parts, such as the USDs on this one) with wire wheels. Sadly, searching didn't pull up too many.

I know you guys will have some sweet bike pics tucked away, so let's see them.

See less See more
#44 ·
No such thing... Wire wheels are now a sought after item and as such cost out the ass.

Only 17s I know of are the Ducati Sport Classic and those wheels don't go for cheap either.

In 4" or 4.5" would be Supermoto rear widths in 17s and more common?

#47 ·
#49 ·
#50 ·
Oh, if you go on the hunt for spoked rims to swap on to something else be cautious of British hubs. Many of them don't use cush drives. Most dirt bike hubs have cushions, but they are pretty small. A high powered sport bike might puke it's tranny out without a proper cush drive, so be careful with that.

:pwas: Sorry for the triple reply. I'd like to see some easily obtainable/affordable wide rim swaps come out of this thread. So post up anything you find :)

#52 ·
I hope this thread turns into a good source of info with specs.

For the most part all of the threads I've seen wire wheels swaps done in, require:

axle fitment bushings
rotor pattern mods
spacers to center the wheel
and a custom bracket for the calipers new location

and thats just the front wheel, I assume its gonna be a whole lotta tricky for the rear cush drive.

Attachments

#54 ·

heres a start.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#55 ·

Bone stock Australian version with wire wheels from Suzuki, for spec racing series during late 70's early 80's

Reactions: Bad Officer
#56 ·

Sold here only one year.....
This one with wires is NOT bone stock....

#57 ·
i've wanted spokes forever

my current build im finishing up (this is the 4th pair of wheels on this bike :) -

these are brand new discontinued Buell XB Alpina tubeless wheels that use the Buell ZTL perimeter brake and since i already converted my bike to XB wheels, it was a simple bolt on.

#60 ·
^^:rock::rock::rock:^^

So perfect. The early model GS's with spokes make me drool and bringing that thing into the modern era with tires and harkening back to the early days with spokes is so proper. I almost put a 4.5/3.25 17" setup on my GS1000 before I decided on blade or Bandit mags for it. I'm going to be scrapping 4 sets of snowflakes in the next few weeks due to how terrible they look. :fu:

#68 ·
I dont even know what to say... my life is incomplete without wire spoke wheels...

#71 ·

#72 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.