Simulated Car Racing Hobby - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Simulated Car Racing Hobby

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #11
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:24 AM
Flip Offs: 189
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Simulated Car Racing Hobby

That is awesome!
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Ever find yourself in the Madison, Wisconsin area stop over and try it out!

I can guarantee you'll want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2016, 06:48 AM   #13
Richyboy
Richyboy
Noobie
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
Richyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of lightRichyboy is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

Nice!
Richyboy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #14
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

A while back, my boss purchased this thinking it would be a lot of fun.

After a few hours of use, it didn't seem realistic enough for him to use well. He ended up boxing it up and storing it in his basement for a decade.

I plugged it into my Windows 7 machine that already has the G27 drivers installed. This MOMO Force was instantly recognized and able to use.

First thing I didn't like was the vertical pedal movement, too much like a big rig and not nearly enough spring resistance for my heavy feet.

I took apart the pedals to see what was usable and what construction they used. Simple potentiometers, three wires, just like the G27 pedals I have been modifying.

Attempted to stiffen the pedals with the springs I had on hand, this didn't work out well as the throws are different and the lever layouts are different making the stiffer springs want to collapse more than compress. Gave a weird clicking sound from the 60% depressed straight to 90% depressed.

I am definitely going to use this wheel on a secondary system so that I can race friends that come over (they'll use the nicer rig while I race on a desk), so with that in mind, I added a little funds and picked up a second set of G27 pedals.

I got them cheaper than normally as I wanted them for parts and the seller listed them as untested.

Plugged them into my G27 base and they worked right out of the box, wonderful!

So I took apart the MOMO Force pedals again and removed the wires, keeping rough track on what order they went in.

Moved them to the G27 pots and plugged the system in, they worked! However, the wires were much too short to reinstall them correctly and use them as pedals.

I was lazy and wanted to play with them right then, so I quickly jerry rigged the wiring and it didn't work for the throttle.

With mapping a wheel button on the throttle, I was able to get a decent lap time; I wanted to do better.

I picked up a cheap set of 14 gauge wire rolls (1100 feet for $65) in 11 different colors (still want to find a similar set of wire rolls with multi color stripes and more base colors).

A little later and I had swapped the smaller wires with the new ones.

Moving the butt connectors a bit caused their rivets to loosen up and I was worried about them contacting each other. I wrapped the center connectors in electrical tape to help prevent any shorts.

Everything fits well, but I had to modify the base plate a little in order for the new thicker wires to fit. Two ribs were cut short and the curved piece where the wire exits the base was removed to give room for both the pot wires and the power wires.

All bolted up and they are so much nicer than what came with the wheel.

In addition to swapping the wires over, I added a new brake spring (3x G27 stock stiffness) and moved the brake to the clutch and clutch to the accelerator. I found this set up to work well with my G27 rig and I wanted the same tactile feel.

Next possible modifications:

1) Formula style wheel, 11" in diameter with moved buttons and wider reaching paddle shifters. This modification will also come with painting the wheel base a satin / matte black instead of the glaring red with yellow lightning bolts.

2) Increase in wheel rotation range, stock is 270* and I am accustomed to the 900* of the G27.

3) Analog hand brake using the spare clutch mount set up and a USB pin out board. This would also allow the creation of both an H shifter as well as a Sequential shifter off of the same USB interface.

4) Formula 1 wheel with dual independent clutch paddles in addition to gear paddles as well as a host of buttons.
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #15
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

made this a long time ago i think for gt5?

pretty much only play raceroom now.. even that is once in a blue moon though..

but 50 bucks all in for a decent race sim.. no brainer.. everyone should have one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	168099_10150381351965503_3341242_n.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	84402  
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #16
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Damn, Casper. I like what you're doing!

I'm starting to put together my own racing rig right now. Slowly collecting a total of 3x PS3's. I love the Gran Turismo series, and just found out about multi monitor on GT5 and GT6. I'm going to try to build a rig where I can have the steering wheel bracket move out of place so I can swing in the keyboard tray.

I already run multi monitor on my computer, so I will prolly try to make this my new desk at the same time.

I'm looking at a Logitech G29, 3x 39" Hitachi tv's (200 bucks at Sams Club), a Vizio 5.1 sound bar (sounded damn nice in the open floor of Sam's Club, I can't see it sounding worse in a small room), not sure what car seat I'll use though.

I already had 1x PS3 that I took as payment for work I did, picked up another at work for 40 bucks because it needed a blueray drive (scored big on that one, it's an original 80gb model, backwards compatible!), and I took a gamble on a third on ebay that wasn't displaying video, but it didn't pan out, gpu was fried. I don't mind putting in the time to fix one, keeps my overall project cost down.

Even though I don't play Forza, it IS nice to know that XBox does support the same multi monitor setup. I'm looking forward to GT7 coming out.....though I'm not looking forward to having to buy 3x PS4's lol.

Check out SimRaceway for the PC, you might like it
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #17
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Wow! I just looked at the price tag of the 151 full fleet bundle for SimRaceway... $299.

Since it's free, I may pick it up and try it out later on.

I would love to see how you have yours set up when all is said and done. Those 39"s would make for a massive desktop set up. Bernacles Nerdgasm has a similar set up though with three massive TVs.

I really like Nissan's GT Academy with the Gran Turismo series, but I won't buy a console until they natively support 3-4 outputs on one console. It would be amazing to play something like Mario Cart with four people each having their own screen or the racing games in triple monitor without linking consoles.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #18
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
but I won't buy a console until they natively support 3-4 outputs on one console.
THIS!! FUCKING THIS!!!!!

Considering the consoles are now based on hardware similar to what's available in pc's, I don't get why they can't offer multiple outs on a system, even if not every game supports it. People do crazy things with their consoles all the time, why not make a 2ndary version that caters to the tinkerers or those of us that want to do rigs?

As for the desktop monitors, I already do multi screen on my computer. It's great when I'm doing custom wiring diagrams, or even just daily stuff. Movie on one screen, browser on another, playing SWTOR in the middle........ Giggity.

But for sure, when I do finally get the complete setup together, I'll definitely post it. The hardest part of it is going to be keeping the car seat in a single position, and being able to move the wheel out of the way to swing in a keyboard tray
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #19
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
THIS!! FUCKING THIS!!!!!

Considering the consoles are now based on hardware similar to what's available in pc's, I don't get why they can't offer multiple outs on a system, even if not every game supports it. People do crazy things with their consoles all the time, why not make a 2ndary version that caters to the tinkerers or those of us that want to do rigs?

As for the desktop monitors, I already do multi screen on my computer. It's great when I'm doing custom wiring diagrams, or even just daily stuff. Movie on one screen, browser on another, playing SWTOR in the middle........ Giggity.

But for sure, when I do finally get the complete setup together, I'll definitely post it. The hardest part of it is going to be keeping the car seat in a single position, and being able to move the wheel out of the way to swing in a keyboard tray
Multiscreen gaming is very niche. It wouldn't pay off to put three monitor outputs on a console and the hardware may not be up to it, plus only a select few games have been coded to handle it properly. There's all kinds of headaches with multiscreen, like monitor sizes, incorrect EDID signatures, bezel correction, field of view, all kinds of things that won't be available on console. Even on a PC it can be a real pain in the ass to get working. When I first got mine running I had to hack two of my monitors and reprogram the EDID in the monitors EEPROM because the size was incorrect and the video drivers checked for equal size from the monitors EDID and wouldn't enable multiscreen because they reported different sizes.

http://www.imsolidstate.com/archives/879
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #20
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

My first set up was with a 25" 1080P in the center and two 19" 1280x1024 on the sides (custom resolution to 1280x1080) with SoftTH in order to push the games out to the full resolution of 5480x1080 and spanning all three monitors. Easier than attempting to use Eyefinity or Surround and I'm not as picky as others in that I need to have Dx10 or Dx11 (SoftTH only uses Dx9).

The niche part is true, however with 4K on the horizon and some 4K hardware desiring multiple cables for the bandwidth, there isn't a reason it can't be 2 2K or 4 1080P monitors as long as they add enough options. Also, though it currently is a niche, everyone that has played on my triple monitor set up ends up wanting to have triple monitors and it may only be niche right now due to the public not being totally aware of its possibility.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters