Matty`s China Street Quad - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s China Street Quad

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #51
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

Haven`t posted much although been in the shed almost every night, mainly trying not to re-enact the famous garage fight scene from the movie House of flying spanners... Here`s where I`m at right now:

-There`s no wiring diagram available anywhere for these things (at least one I`ve managed to find)

-Not that it would have helped me much as the wire colors of the new wiring harness do not match the ones on the quad.

-The new wiring harness has been wired... to clumsily translate a Finnish saying, "towards ass". I literally had to explode the remains of the old harness to find out which wire is supposed to go where.

-The engine kill wire was hooked up as the positive for the horn

-There`s one wire that has switched power but is not used so I`m guessing that`s what`s supposed to power the horn.

-The horn negative is wired straight into ground so if I wire it like that it`ll scream bloody murder whenever the power is switched on, still haven`t gotten to figuring out where the horn wire DOES go and rather not push the button to find out

-The engine start circuit was wired so that if I pressed the start button without the brake pulled the lights would go out, and the brake pulled in the brake light would light up, but only if the start button is pressed.

-There`s still one wire that`s coming from the gear sensor and has switched power UNLESS the reverse gear is selected. At first I thought this was supposed to power the start relay but it only has 10v and too little amps to trip the relay so still got no idea what, if anything, that is for.

As can be seen from the pic I wired the switch gear through superseal connectors but at that point got my head mixed up badly enough that I wired the connectors wrong so gonna have to re-re-re-re-redo those one more time...

So yea it`s been a fun week but now the start button does indeed trip the start relay, and only does it when the brakes are applied as it should be.

Still waiting on my rear brakes though, going on six weeks now... The DPD parcel tracker does show the package has left Meppel NL 31.1. but for some reason shows up in Oirschot NL two days later which is on the opposite side of the country and nowhere near Eindhoven where the airport is. Just sent an email to ALG-Moto if they`d kindly ask DPD where the hell is my package and why is it still not here. Slowly starting to run out of humor with that one...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #52
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Turns out I got a ton of superseal pins and sockets but happen to be fresh out of the connector bodies so solder and glue-socket it is, the switchgear can easily be removed along with the harness if the need should ever arise. Also turns out there`s no point in searching for the horn wire as the new harness doesn`t HAVE one! The center pin in the 9-way connector to the left switchgear was empty! That was quickly remedied by a bypass and now I have a horn as well.

Done with electrickery for a while I decided to fit a new hose between the brake master and the reservoir as well as refit the said reservoir. Also fitted the chain although after thoroughly soaking it in 80w90 oil and letting it sit, it has sagged enough that I probly have to remove one more link, no biggie as it probly takes me more time to dig out the tool box again than to do the deed as this is a spring clip master chain. (I`ll tell you being used to 530xw chains this thing is worryingly flimsy but I guess it`ll be enough for the output this thing has...)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #53
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

She runs (man it always feels the best to write that ) BUT the battle is far from over quite yet...

https://youtu.be/qVKXq-xbtuE

Dismiss the horrible clatter I got spooked about that too but turns out it`s just loose things rattling around at the back (basically just threw this together after a very long day in the garage to try if it starts at all) Now I know how to do a lot of things, carb tuning is not one of them so if someonoe can identify from the sound or how it behaves (bogging/fluctuating revs at WOT) if it`s going lean or rich I`d much appreciate it. It does idle like a champ and revs up to about half throttle but when I open it up it goes hell no so I`m guessing main jet/needle position?

This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 09:16 AM   #54
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Couldn't tell much from the video on the carb question. If the exhaust was pumping like a chimney when you rev it I'd say it could be rich and flooding, but it doesn't really sound that way. Recovers too cleanly.

Apologize for a question I should have the answer to, but is the stock airbox in place? You know my internet situation It returns to idle without lingering, so you can rule out vacuum leaks.

Wouldn't hurt to double check float level and petcock to ensure plenty of fuel flow. You can lift the needle to fatten things up and see how she responds. If she likes it, but you cant lift the needle high enough, go up a main jet size and reset the needle to stock height to start again.

Also double check all vent hoses off the carb are clear and that the air cut off diaphragm is healthy, if it uses one.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #55
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Stock airbox is not in place, it is replaced by an ebay jetcone style power filter. There is no petcock at all so that cannot be the issue. The carb is brand new although not necessarily meant for this particular machine. I'll start with opening up the air screw and see if that does a thing. That however will have to wait as sth in the electrical system has gone awry. The machine worked for a while when I was doing some figure eights at the front yard but for some reason is now dead as a stone. Suspecting the ignition lock as that is a well known failure point with these. One thing is the exhaust might be too restricting as it is longer than original, although not so much that I'd think that to be a likely scenario and one that's easily tested by removing the muffler.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion