Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Sv650 twin into a Gsxr400 gk76 frame

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  medimicated420 
#1 ·
Ive just bought a gk76f frame and tank and want to build something very special. have tried to reseach a few options engine wise and seen sv650 engine mentioned a few times. Im expecting a few mods to the frame but can anyone else suggest anything that would be a problem with this swap. want to research this totaly before i commit to buying an engine

#3 ·
Would be amazing wouldn't it. The reason I was thinking a twin is because their narrower cause from what I've been reading a bigger inline 4 would be a serious amount of hassle and probably wouldn't work. I need to get a proper look round an sv and take some measurements

#4 ·
My b4 has same engine case.

Front mounts have plugs for mounting points when not a stressed member I'm pretty sure below the exhaust ports.

However it should be mentioned that a modern Efi gsxr power plant (03) is only about 1.5 inches from fitting.
Older.600 oil.boils are about 4 inches wider at the head

If you're willing to.fuck with Alu that'd work...

In case that doesn't make your decision on what engine more.excited lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Right ive been looking at this conversion and although I think it would work it would mean fabricating a mount that would have to drop down from the top of the frame and that would ruin the lines of the 76 frame so ive decided against it. I have decided to build a smoker out of this I want to use an rd400 twin but it looks like im gonna have to save for one of those. However I have been looking at the lines on my 71f and think the sv engine would go in there quite easily. hmm decisons decisions lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.