Sgt. Reckless Discussion - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads

2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads All Discussions About 2013 Buildoff Entries Should Go In Here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sgt. Reckless Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:25 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Sgt. Reckless Discussion

All about the shooting of shit.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Sgt. Reckless Discussion

Well, the ass end is gone. I'm working on the design of the subframe, trying to think of a way to get it designed. I'm thinking of using some pvc as a mock up. The reality of it for me is most of the metal will have to be farmed out to a metal shop at some point but the engineering will be all mine.

Subframe:tube, on the fat side, in a smooth convex curve up, meeting in an arch. Exposed subframe with a small fiberglass/cf tail piece to hide stuff under. Bottom tube: smooth concave curve, trellis bracing. Kicked up at a more aggressive angle, but the seat position I want to do some research on. I was thinking of going to the dealer ship to get some measurements on the seating angle of a bike I find comfortable.

The swingarm I think I'm going to really get into. But it may not be within the buildoff time frame. I would like to design a lightweight and functional piece. Something that is engineered to fit within the best geometry. This will be my engineering project.... I'm only mentioning the swinger just in case you want to brainstorm on it.

List of other shit:

-fork shrouds
-front suspension upgrades/fork swap
-Exhaust (lots of options here)
-General maintenace
-shock swap
-Possible rim swap for a fatter ass
-SS brake lines
-paint/powder
-tail
-Speed holes
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

are u doin a total dif exhaust? if so can i purchase the Leo?

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

Well, im still considering a bunch of options. one of them was taking the mid pipe from the high mount, slash cutting it, and making a baffle to weld or in. But yeah, if I wind up not using the can, you'll be the first to know.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Jheadx
Fighter Boot
Fighter
Jheadx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friends

I'm stoked!

You decide on the paint scheme? You know if the marine corps wanted you to have more colors than OD Green they would've issued them lol

VFR800 - Build in Progress
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=56503

SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrNinja1281 View Post
...if you dont like it thats fine ill still love you in the morning...
Jheadx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jheadx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

Actually, looks like the diameters are the same for the leo vince and the vance and hines can I have. I may just keep the V&H to cut down. PM sent, Rando.
This user High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

I hate when.........

I forget to loosen the front sproket before taking the rear wheel off.
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Erki
Pinstriper4fun
CF Lover
Erki's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 9 Times in 3 Posts
Erki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to behold
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Yeah, I did that too.

Ugly Duckling build thread
http://customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61430

Ugly Duckling Discussion thread
http://customfighters.com/forums/sho...34#post1185834

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
The rf is like the ugly chick with a good personality, but in any situation you can't see your self elbow deep in her without throwing up.
Erki is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
chaos6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
I hate when.........

I forget to loosen the front sproket before taking the rear wheel off.
Oh that shit sucks.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together. You need to do Sgt Reckless proud if you're going to take her name.

"Make no small plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood."
-Daniel Burnham

'05 Z750s Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=32497

'90 Kawasaki ZR550 Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...18#post1163218
chaos6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

Thinking on colors again....

root beer brown frame/gold accents and tank?:

british racing green
pearl white
Red
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads