Doomed to fail: the winter build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to fail: the winter build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #1
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Doomed to fail: the winter build

DTF is gonna be my recurring theme for awhile lol.

So here's a starting picture. Today's rent money order receipt on the zip tie special as it sits in my "workshop"........aka 6x12 storage unit. I'm seriously about to build an 8'x30" bench to work from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_170511.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	761.7 KB
ID:	98920   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_170514.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	958.1 KB
ID:	98922  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Doomed to fail: the winter build

Ok, so starting tally

Frame 20
Engine, forks w/ compete triple, swingarm, 16" rear wheel w/ cush and brake, FREE.99 from Ratfighter
18" front wheel, with speedo drive, cables, and I forget what else, 80 bucks at the yard. Actually that included shocks I can't use and some other shit too.
Gauges, handle bars, rear fender, and other stuff that sits extra, FREE.99 from Ratfighter
New steering bearing set from Allballs, I think it was around 50 for my bearings, and I might need to replace the lower already if I can't convince it to walk back off a little bit so I can cut out the washer I stupidly put under it. Or just grind the welds, pull the stem, remove the washer, and reweld the stem a little higher. Might do that anyway.
Complete set of pipes from my co-worker from his old Harley. Has a pair of short length fishtails, one with a single mount tab, one with 2 mounts. Not sure which I'll use yet, but will sell the left overs. Got for 50
EBay coil, I think was 20?
Swingarm pivot bolt, plus a couple sets of the long engine bolts, plus the frame plates for engine mounting. Think around 60 all in?
Set of 19" front and 15" rear wheels with brand new tires, 50 bucks.

Current total: 330

Ok, I think that's it so far unless I trip over something else I picked up.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Couple pics of one of the mufflers

This thing is prolly gonna look like a single jug Harley when its done lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_152641.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	837.5 KB
ID:	98924   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_152710.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	772.6 KB
ID:	98926   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_152707.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	98928  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #4
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Well this is likely gonna be on hold unless I pick up a fat pile of side jobs. Our daily just shit the bed, transmission failed. Back to driving my car with a transmission that's working its own way out the door.

Only way to get decent cash out of the daily is to part it out. We just stuck new tires on it, new alternator, stereo, battery, and some other bits on it. Time to pull those, cut the cats out, cash in on everything possible before hauling the carcass in for weight. Then I gotta wait for Xmas bonus to roll in. Only way we're gonna have decent cash for a car before taxes. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
The Following User Says F-U to Fight Everything For This Post:
Fight Everything (11-16-2017)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #5
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Hello? Anyone here?

Things might actually pick back up after Christmas. The Sable is down for the count, currently parting it out. But the Mazda is miraculously still limping along, even with the trans fucking up. Assuming they do Xmas bonus this year like they did last year, I'll have a fat check to play with in 2 or 3 weeks. Probably most of that will go to picking up a beater truck from a buddy, fixing it up, and then paying up some bills. But I should be able to break off a hundred or two to buy some more things for the bike to get back to work.

Plus I finally found and bought a work bench. Just waiting for it to get delivered so I can start organizing and setting up the shop (I again emphasise that it's a 6x12 storage unit. With a space like that it's critical to get that bench in there so I can proper setup.

To be continued!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #6
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Fuckit.....not a chance of making it. Back to the regular thread!
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads