Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #11
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Steering stem is still at milling guy. have to give him a shout.

Anyway 2as prepping my old car for partout and did some work on bike as well. Gonna order some parts after paycheck arrives.

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2018, 04:25 AM   #12
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

so a small update. ordered clutch and gonna order CDI from ebay tonight.

recieved carb boots, was a bit scared if 400cc heads will work with 600/650 carbs, but they fit nice.

got back steering stem.

tried to braze tank and failed at it, so managed to just get it welded by this slightly big guy

so yesterday i had a bit free time with kid, so we went to garage and test fitted carbs on bike with new rubbers. fits nice. no pics of that, because we want our kid to make her own footprint in internet, and she is giving thumbs up for me in that pic.

anyway, fitted new lower steering bearings. gonna try to do rest of that next time i'm there.

test "fitted" tank on bike. need to locate filler cap hole on bike and cut it out. drill fitting holes for tank skin. but here i am for now.

Ildze will have some free time in a week or so, then i'll have time to play with epoxy and wrap my tail (i'm not giving up yan)

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

hey @yantosh look what i did today after work

first layer down

and two layers with some extra reinforcement up rear

gonna wait up to monday evening for it to dry. then cut out most of foam. and reinfoce some parts of the tail from inside

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Scraped and liquified foam, at least most of them. And since it was a bit too soft for two layers, i did extra layers and reinforced some parts while at it.

Now i need to wait until it dries up, and trim it to fit against tank. Then make subframe. Painting is the last in my planning

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #15
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

few days ago got clutch basket with discs... friction discs arent good, but i planned to change them anyway. two of metal discs looks not so fresh. so might have to change them too (not excited about that from money POV)

Also CDI came in, those are good news, cuz i got them fairly cheap.

so on other news. yesterday i finally had some time for garage.

trimmed tail unit and tried to fit it on bike. something went wrong when i layed cloth the second part. because this isn't that i was expecting to deal with

but fear not, i recalled reading somewhere that with some heat, you could actually bend fiberglass. and voila, some heat gun action later.

need to trim it for snuck fit. and then a bit of heat gun to fix some spots i dont like.

then i'm off to make subframe work. also order up some more parts i need

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2018, 08:50 AM   #16
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

it looks something like this

after looking at how to mount upper subframe i realised i need a different approach to it.
influencing from this

i've decided to go with my approach on the issue

printed part on two a4 sheets and made two cardboard mockups to test fit on bike today

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #17
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

my angle were a bit off. for about 15-20 degrees. so i adjusted it on spot. gonna redraw it and send it for cutting. cuz i like the way it will look.

small poll, round speed holes or the way i sketched it?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #18
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

so plates got cut at a nice price of 21eur(material and labour)

fitted them on bike, supports my weight nicely. need to get some spacers made, because shock and subframe mount is slightly offset. and weld cross support between them.

almost shame it has to be under tail

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #19
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

cut hole for the tank filler cap. have to find where i've put bolts and rivet the lower part to the tank.

picked up two package at post for bike, clipon set and coils(that one was mystery to me for a while)

spent few hours today looking for 520 chain conversion. had to remember what cprocket carrier i'm using on bike/
qouted for prices on rear aluminium sprocket. also front sprocket is available from 13-16 teeth. so that's nice to have.

gonna take some drawings to get milled for bike today. then it's just to sort out rear axle. i've found mid point for rear rim. need to sort out sprocket, get brake bracket done. thinking of modding 900rr one to fit 400rr swingarm.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #20
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

thanks to @a_morti for info on rear brakes. it looks that there is a cheap option for sprocket carrier off nc29 and my 900rr caliper fits. i dont have rear brake disc after all, so it seems that i have a solution for that.

here comes the fun story. a while ago i came to conclusion that i need er6n shock for bike to be ridable. so... i called my junkyard guy. but he didnt had er6n on partout. then i called local ad, they wanted 100eur, i found that to be a bit too steep for a used shock out of popular bike. tried Lithuanian junkyards. 60eur plus 13eur shipping, so 73eur. looked at ebay... from Italy 59eur(shipped)
then i remembered the guy from whoom i bought rc24 had some bike parts aswell... after a quick look in phone for his number, and conversation. he has one at 50eur.

morale of the story, if you dont have big budget, you have to look for a better deal

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads