OSP's Killer Tiller... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > OSP's Killer Tiller...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict
OneSickPsycho's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:17 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 31 Times in 20 Posts
OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default OSP's Killer Tiller...

I hope I win the gayest name contest...

Per my intro thread... I have a 2001 TL1000R... I've had it for about 3 years and have put a total of 500 miles on it (shattered kneecap and long list of other projects)... I got it and it was in great condition... so of course I had to tear it apart and fuck it up.

I traded a dude my 954RR straight up for it... that was a nice bike, but I'm a v-twin guy - bikes with souls. Here's the video he forwarded me before I bought it (funny he still has it up):

Here she is the day I got her:

She sat and sat and sat... I put stainless lines and decent pads on the front... she sat and sat... I converted the hydro clutch to a cable jobbie... she sat and sat and sat and sat... I took off all the fairings and sold them off... she sat... Bought a used subframe off eBay and cut it in half... she sat.

That was almost a year ago...

A few months ago, my future mother in law gave us her Honda Shadow... Having a bike that's put together and getting some miles back under my belt gave me the motivation needed to get off my lazy ass and ignore all the other projects I have going... to start working on the Tiller again.

So I started back in on her... swapped the front brake master with one from a Busa to clean it up a bit (no ugly plastic reservoir thingy) and started tearing apart the wiring harness to reroute the battery and other things under the seat.

Today I hacked together some brackets and mounted new headlights:

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived OneSickPsycho!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
TeckniX
Fight it till it's right
Senior Fighterer
TeckniX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 4 Times in 2 Posts
TeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OSP's Killer Tiller...

Keep at it! Finding motivation for project that have been sitting is always hard. Best thing about these forums is that other people's builds keep you going.

'01 SV650 build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?p=720653

k7 7Fiddy build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums....php?p=1268646

"Just learning my way through..."
TeckniX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TeckniX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Nate1291
Doesn't know shit
Senior Fighterer
Nate1291's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 PM
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to allNate1291 is a name known to all

Sweet, lookin forward to seeing the final outcome.

Videos really don't do the sound of TLs justice, they sound amazing in the flesh

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Nate1291 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Nate1291!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict
OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeckniX View Post
Keep at it! Finding motivation for project that have been sitting is always hard. Best thing about these forums is that other people's builds keep you going.
No doubt... I've been pretty motivated recently, but this place REALLY got me going... I still have a LOT of work to do, but I'm just taking it one day (or weekend) at a time...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict

Did some work...

Used masking tape and cardboard to box in my subframe to make a tray for the ECU and battery out of fiberglass... total hack job:

Turned out way better than expected - first fiberglass anything:

I'm going to fill the gaps in on the sides with AL sheet, so you won't see how ugly it is...

Also extended five wires in the wiring harness about 18 inches, to allow for the gauge cluster mounting I want... Here it is set up, but it'll be up on the tank a bit more and the angle is off... it's just resting there:

Couldn't resist snapping some shots of her all mocked up:

These people High Fived OneSickPsycho!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict

I noticed this when working on my lights, but didn't post up yet...

The gap between that plate is off from front to back... in the rear it's probably 1mm, in the front it's probably double that... Is that something I should be concerned with?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict

Oh, and do you really need this heat sheilding shit on exhaust mounts?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
TeckniX
Fight it till it's right
Senior Fighterer
TeckniX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 4 Times in 2 Posts
TeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of light

On the exhaust hanger, I think that more than 'heat shield' it's suppose to take some of the vibration and prevent the metal from digging into your exhaust.
most exhausts will move slightly during accel/deccel but the mount is usually solid on the bike, which could cause some knicks on the exhaust itself.

As for the 'gap' in your steering, I would probably get it flush all around - Don't think it's suppose to be like that, others will correct me I'm sure.

'01 SV650 build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?p=720653

k7 7Fiddy build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums....php?p=1268646

"Just learning my way through..."
TeckniX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

nice glass work. i want a tiller quite badly

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict

Got out of work early... Did some work... Finalized the wiring runs and mapped out my exhaust hangers... Sorta figured out how I'm gonna mount the gauges.

So, I've come to the conclusion that wiring and running wires can suck my sweaty asshole... It took me FOREVER to figure out how to run everything so it wouldn't pinch or rub or burn and shit... Still not convince I didn't fuck it up... I'm sure I'll find out a hundred or so miles from home.

I get it now... My next build... If I live through this one... Is certainly going to be something older and less electronically dependant.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes