Hollowpoint TL - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hollowpoint TL

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:38 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hollowpoint TL

Right hand foot peg held on with one bolt.

The peg hanger must be off a different model.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

The modified subframe... even more dubious than any of the previous lash-ups I've shown...
These people High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatrophy View Post
Ok so after reading thru knifemaker, flints, and racing geeks buildoff threads.
I have come to the conclusion that i need to step it up.
No shit brother! I'm feeling that maybe I should've put this build thread in the normal members' build threads section rather than in the Buildoff bit...
This user High Fived MDM!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

So, I've actually DW, although it's mostly been of the explaroratory kind...
The subframe hs been trimmed down a touch to neaten it up, but I need to try out the new seat cowl I've got to see if I need to lop any more off before it gets welded back up.
I made a lower radiator bracket to replace the piece of scrap angle iron that was sticking into the radiator, only to discover that the previous abortion has pushed a hole into the rad. Closer inspecgtion also showed that the rad fan was missing, as is the standard horn. So, some more bits for me to spend valuable cash on...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Comments in the right place please Howitzer!
More investigaion uncovered more dubious wiing. I'm not the biggest fan of electrics, I feckin' hate it, so seeing this little lot was not conducive to happy thoughts..

What, and why, are those wires cut?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Still, I was cheered up when this little lot arrived...

And I moved the ignition switch to between the left hand frame rails - piece of piss as the standard loom is long enough to move it without any wiring changes. I just had to make a little bracket to hold it in place.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

I dug out the Magura bar clamps that I had spare after Yantosh made me a new yoke for one of my other projects, and fitted the Renthal Fatbars, after boring out the holes in the top yoke to accept the 10mm bolts that hold the Magura clamps on, instead of the spindly wee things that held the old clamps.

And I fitted the billet speedo sensor bracket / sprocket cover that I'd got hold of too, although I still need the sensor and related wiring, as that was missing too...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

I got hold of some more goodies too. I wanted to get rid of the rear master cylinder reservoir, so I could clear up the subframe a bit more and, after talking to Cleggy fom StreetfighterBling at the Custom Xtreme show at the big Motorcycle Live Show last week, he brought me this:-

I'm also upgrading to the later thermostat housing, to alleviate the cool running issues that the early TL has. I bought a housing, complete with the later oil breather catch tank thingy, from a chap in the States...

And the later thermo housing has a return into the coolant pipe by the water pump, so I have to cut into that and fit a feed, so I ordered a tee piece of a suitable size from t'internet...

It's okay, but looks a bit plasticky for the price, but it'll do the job... until I looked a little closer and saw that where the 8mm feed pipe is welded onto the main 22mm pipe, there's no fuckin' hole! It'll be easy enough to drill out, but what were these people thinking?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Unsurprisingly, sweet FA got done over Christmas...
Well, I did manage to get the thermostat housing swapped (having to change half of the housing body so I could use the standard coolant lines), drilled out the tee piece and fitted all the lines back on, and I ordered a new radiator from China ( a bargain sixty quid) so am waiting on that before I put new coolant in.
My Monster 1100 seat hasn't arrived yet, nor the alloy for the new subframe. Not that that's an issue as I haven't got any argon for the TIG either.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Monster 1100 seat arrived yesterday! So now I've just got to trty and work out how to mount the seat on the subframe and, in turn, the subframe on the frame. Oh yeah, and actually make the subframe. Gulp.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes