Sgt. Reckless Discussion - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads

2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads All Discussions About 2013 Buildoff Entries Should Go In Here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sgt. Reckless Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #51
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:34 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Sgt. Reckless Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Looks like the zip tie mount worked well. Have you dismounted with the zip tie method yet? Curious how that goes.
Yep. Didn't take pics of the tire before it was off. Dismounted from SV rim and mounted on the GSXR with zip ties. The trick to the dismount is getting the zipties ultra tight. You really have to use some big boy hand strength to squeeze the tire and get it strapped down. tighter = better. I don't think you want to keep your tire that way for long though. Getting it off took no time with a tire iron, but it can be done tool less, its just a PITA. Putting the tire on seemed like it wouldn't work for a minute, but a good, strong pry on the tire pops it right on. I had to have the bead set by a buddy at pep boys.

The hardest part was working the zip ties from one side of the tire to the other. Your hands are going to hurt.

I wrote it all up in the build thread, but lost the post somehow. Still gotta finish paint.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #52
jerryatrophy
we are 138
jerryatrophy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 79
Flipped Off 26 Times in 19 Posts
jerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on here

Hey bro, i did the ziptie thing to mount my takeoff on the zx10 rim. Ended up using an airgun to put enough air into the rubber then ether for about 3 seconds spray the ether into a trail off the tire about 2 feet and light it. Pop. Took me about 4 attempts but that shit works.
jerryatrophy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jerryatrophy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #53
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer
Jrod's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:34 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 17 Times in 10 Posts
Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
Yep. Didn't take pics of the tire before it was off. Dismounted from SV rim and mounted on the GSXR with zip ties. The trick to the dismount is getting the zipties ultra tight. You really have to use some big boy hand strength to squeeze the tire and get it strapped down. tighter = better. I don't think you want to keep your tire that way for long though. Getting it off took no time with a tire iron, but it can be done tool less, its just a PITA. Putting the tire on seemed like it wouldn't work for a minute, but a good, strong pry on the tire pops it right on. I had to have the bead set by a buddy at pep boys.

The hardest part was working the zip ties from one side of the tire to the other. Your hands are going to hurt.

I wrote it all up in the build thread, but lost the post somehow. Still gotta finish paint.
Rules to live by

Nice work so far, that front end made a HUGE difference. I have to mount a tire soon and might attempt the old tie strap method.
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #54
Fizzer_Fighter
YamahaHooligan

CF Addict
Fizzer_Fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 49 Times in 21 Posts
Fizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeFizzer_Fighter has a reputation beyond repute

That bottom toner turned out nice!
I thought I was the only one that used the ”michael j fox” references btw! Lol
Horrible but....
Fizzer_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #55
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

i am still watching, keep on keeping on man.

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #56
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

how much are the bars you want?

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #57
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I ordered 'em. There were ~67. Fucking outstanding deal if you ask me. I'm just so anxious to put them on. Reckless is growing impatient.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #58
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

need help finding something like this:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=622457

self taping fuel inlet/ nipple

Standby for actual diameter
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #59
Jheadx
Fighter Boot
Fighter
Jheadx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friends

Ahhh so getting BOLTS machined is where you were yesterday lol. I'll drop those rads by this afternoon. Should be some easy money.

VFR800 - Build in Progress
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=56503

SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrNinja1281 View Post
...if you dont like it thats fine ill still love you in the morning...
Jheadx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #60
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

Yeah, that and school. I went early and practiced AutoCAD.

I hit up the local parts store and had a fitting cut. I'll have to see if I can widen the old brass, tap in the new male fitting and JB weld it, I suppose.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2013 Buildoff Discussion Threads