Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #101
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: XR400R

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2017, 12:05 AM   #102
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickLife View Post
Agreed!

shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #103
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

See, this is why I come across as grumpy. And why I hate ordering shit online. Put in an order to Partzilla on Oct 23. Found out I needed another part, so emailed and asked if I could combine the orders to prevent paying an unnecessary $10 worth of shipping. She says she will hold and combine the orders, and four days later I get an email that my order has been processed.

Crickets ever since.

I always keep all emails until things arrive, so yesterday I emailed the lady back that had put the hold on the orders and tell her I haven't seen any tracking numbers and ask if the order has shipped, or is there a problem somewhere. I don't hear anything from her, but this morning I get an email that my parts have been shipped.

I bet you anything she forgot to release the hold until I emailed her, yesterday, so now they're finally on the way. But the delay is not what bothers me, the fact that she's not responding to me is annoying.

Everybody fucks up. It's how you handle that makes you who you are.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #104
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

I ordered struts for my beemer online and 10 days later, nothing... the tracking showed the package was never received. sent two messages to the seller and 2 days later (no response) the order is cancelled and my money refunded... sent negative feedback (ebay) and within 15 min the company was offering the struts over-nighted for free (free, like I got my money back, no charge for the parts or shipping) if I would change the review to positive. I said I would as soon as the tracking was verified picked up. Got another message a little later that the struts were shipped (I confirmed with tracking) AND they upgraded me to KYB struts for the inconvenience ($200 more than what i ordered). Sometimes negative feedback works, I got an instant response once I complained publicly about the lack of communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #105
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I'm more laughing at all this than I am really angry. Stuff happens, but it seems to hit me in swarms at times.

I'm not really upset that she forgot to release the order, but a simple "oops, I'm sorry" email reply would have been nice.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #106
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Got an envelope from Racetech today. No kidding, they shoved 13 stickers in there...ok, that helps nothing.....and one old used jet. That's already been drilled...to a bigger size than what I can use. Still has thread locker stuck to it and the screwdriver slot is mangled.

And it doesn't fit my valve. Even if it would screw in the hole ( that only has very faint partial threads) it would completely block off the rebound port.

They say they only use one style of jet. But it doesn't fit the valve.

I called. He was confused. He asked for pics. I sent pics. He called back. He has no clue what to tell me.

I ask if it is their valve, and he says "yes, definitely".

I ask if it is the right jet, he says "yes, we only use one style".

I ask him what to do now and why don't the part fits together. He will call back another day.

I'm not trying to be a RT hater....but how in the actual fuck does this happen? lol

This is not even a XR400R specific kit. It's a kit to fit ANY shock with a 44mm piston. This is a very standard, universal kit. No way this situation should be completely turning the company on it's ear. Regardless if I used one of their vendors vs their site.

I'm baffled.

My stock Showa valve has much more surface area on the rebound ports vs the Gold Valve. Their valve does have a massive amount of extra area on the compression port, but I'm needing to firm up my compression damping, not flow more oil. This valve makes no sense for this bike. I'm just gonna use my stock valve and play around with what is now a very expensive pile of shims that RT slapped together. Shoulda just winged it.

But now I gotta order a new piston ring for my valve as I was planning on using theirs

Might just ebay up a stock replacement shock so I can ride while they get their shit together.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #107
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Wrong valve in the kit. All this backand forth with RT and they finally take the time ( after I got firm and refused to email anymore) to listen and look at pictures. Correct part number on my old style kit, but it's got the new style valve in it. Which explains why nothing made sense on MY end, but hell the hell am I supposed to know one style valve from the other?

The tech guy....the TECH guy...thanks me for the help today... "You helped me learn alot) :doh" what the actual fuck...

For the record, and not bragging, but I'm selfemployed. My livelihood depends on good customer relations. I'm not rude or unrealistic when dealing with people like this. I'm venting a bit here, but I keep my manners about me when talking with these folks.

All boils down to the wrong valve got in the box, but it took 10 days worth of constant phone calls and emails to determine that. I can't imagine the cluster fuck that would have been had I tried to relay all this back and forth through the ebay seller. Direct contact is the only way to smooth out the wrinkles.
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #108
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Fingers crossed it works good once you get it back together...

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #109
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
I hate to be the guy to cause you further delays, but... don't use anything other than oem fork parts. Unless you enjoy being down for fork fixes, that is.
This man speaks the truth.

AllBalls bushings in the forks. Trying to set the sag and I've got over 30mm of stiction area absolutely horrible. I figured maybe they would not last as long or something, but that's completely unusable.

Back to nothing but OEM for me.

Havent had a chance to ride this thing. Actually just got finished getting it all back together last night. Had to straighten out subframe and weld up a crack. The forks feel awful ( should be a fun ride today...), but the shock feels promising. Even just getting on and off the bike the suspension has a more controlled feel to it, if that makes any sense. Using RT's recommendations on initial settings put my sag dead on the money. Confidence inspiring...
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #110
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
This man speaks the truth.

AllBalls bushings in the forks. Trying to set the sag and I've got over 30mm of stiction area absolutely horrible. I figured maybe they would not last as long or something, but that's completely unusable.

Back to nothing but OEM for me.
I agree. I've been using KYB parts to rebuild my dirt bike forks every two years. They never leak, I just do it as preventative maintenance and to get some fresh oil in there.

Earlier this year I rebuilt them with SKF seals, because everyone and their mom seems to swear by them. I haven't noticed any decrease in stiction, and they started to slightly leak after about 20 hours run time. Back to KYB for me.

I stopped using Allballs products, even their bearings. Had a countershaft sprocket kit that leaked worse then what was on the bike after install.

Had a cush drive bearing go out in under 100 miles, and a steering head lower bearing blow apart while being installed on the stem.

So for bearings it's either Pivot Works or OE.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis