Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 44 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #431
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

funny how the more experience you have the "luckier" you get
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #432
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Would be fun to see some scenery photos from these trail adventures of yours, especially considering where you live.
I'm trying to do better about this. Not that I'm anything special to watch, but if it inspires someone to ride dirt it'd be worth it. I have a camera coming. Just a point and shoot that ,but it does do video, too . Nothing I'll ever bar mount for ride-a-long footage, but hope I can get some decent stills. I really worry about a camera getting squashed if I go down, but I'll come up with some sort of crash-proof thingy to carry it in that gives me quick access. So I still don't have many "ride" pics, just a few when we were stopped.

Impromptu trip happened this morning. Rolled out of the garage with the mighty XR at 7:30 to meet up with some guys at a store an hour away. From there we rode another hour to get to this Jeep Trail. Hard rain was supposed to be here around noon.

I'm always bored with public trails. They always end up just being dirt roads, but I never pass up a chance to meet up with the guys and ride. One of these fellas I invited from another forum. Super glad he made the trip today. He had to ride two hours in the wrong direction to go get his WR250R , then double back those 2hrs + 1 more hour to meet up with us. Dude really wanted to ride!

Red in a sea of blue.

And just a plain ol sea of ugly. But all smiles after finishing the trail.

Took us a little over an hour to finish that 7 mile trail, no breaks. I was dying to turn around and ride back out the way we came, but the old farts were tired and just wanted to head home. It didn't feel like we rode an hour. It felt like 5 minutes to me.

Pretty sure my Skully patch on my pack played a big part in my success.

Wifey poo loves this one

Here's the total amount of mileage covered today and how much fuel I burned. The WR's were all running out of gas around the 90 miles mark. I hit reserve pulling up to the filling station. $6 worth of fun? Hell yeah, it was.

I have no idea how this bike does so much work on so little fuel. I guess when you gotz the torks and can just idle everywhere you don't burn much

CRF450L? Who needs it. Long live the XR4.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #433
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Some videos of where we rode today. Rocks, rocks and more rocks. These guys brought way too many wheels

This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2018, 10:31 PM   #434
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Burger run on the XR cuz I can. I forget how well long travel suspension rides on bumpy back roads, and how well knobs grip wet pavement. I really oughta ride this thing more away from home!

This was the first real test of the LED/CB headlight setup. Dark, drizzling on wet roads and foggy. Easily running 45mph on twisty backroads. All good
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 12:27 AM   #435
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The LED bounces off the white fender and glares back pretty bad. Time for another rear tire, too. Always nice coming home to goodies on the porch.

I shoulda went with red fenders the first time. The bike looks 30 lbs lighter for some reason. No more fighting those red mud stains, too.

Still too wet to really hit the trails hard, so I decided to just cruise around the main loops and snap a couple pics. Sorry for all the fender photobombs, but I was having trouble holding the camera steady and took to resting my hand on the bars.

This is one corner you don't want to blow. Camera doesn't do it justice. That's about a 30' drop straight down to the creek.

But the scenery is worth it once you work your way down the hollow.

Working my way back out the hollow.

The ground here is covered with perrywinkle. Story is this stuff grows on graveyards. There's a perimeter of hand-laid rocks in this area ( took a pic but it was blurry) that marks out an old graveyard. The homeplace on this property had "servants" quarters when me moved in. A separate cabin where the "help" lived and where the kitchen was. Keeps the heat from cooking out of the main house. So, chances are the rumors are true that this is an old slave graveyard. About 10 years ago some wild dogs dug up some bones, and yep- they were human. In the 30 years we have lived here this perrywinkle has never migrated away from this spot. Not one inch. It's eerie.

A very short, but damn near vertical climb. Used to be just one path to the left of the tree, but that changed earlier this summer. I came charging up to the hill and lost the back tire. The bike veered way of course but I just pinned it and (somehow) steered around the tree. Now we have two paths

Once you go up that short climb there's a longer climb that ends up in this clearing. Really odd how wide open this area is for seemingly no reason. It's been one of my favorite places to hang out since I was a kid. Now I spend a lot of time practicing pivot turns and bouncing front tires off trees here.

I was really pleased with how thi spic turned out. This is actually a bit of trail that used to kick my butt. Those exposed roots start way before the picture and continue way after the tree. After the roots is a little rock garden. Challenging to ride and beautiful to look at. Been many a granola and water break spent here.

Today's fun and relaxation brought to you by...

Last edited by Mattson; 09-27-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: double post merged
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #436
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Post so good, you just had to post it again.

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #437
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I have no idea what happened there!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #438
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:29 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Ghosts in the machine. Tried to merge but likes didn`t seem to transfer.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2018, 07:28 PM   #439
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Ghosts in the machine. Tried to merge but likes didn`t seem to transfer.
Merge re-liked.

Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #440
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The weather turned fast around here. A few days ago I was in a t-shirt in the shop working on the wife's bike. Today it was 36°f when I took off to meet up with some pals to go riding. Ended up being a mudder today. Everything was wet, muddy and covered with fallen leaves. Never saw a rock,root or log hiding until it was too late. We struggled like hell everywhere, but it was a blast. Cleaned my plate and tail light off for the ride home, but the sun was dropping and I was slinging little frozen mud bits all through town. Got cold fast being on the wrong side of the mountain Lots of funny looks running through town, especially at traffic lights where I was hugging the bike to warm my hands on the cylinder. I still can't believe they let me ride this shit on the road
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181111_164459945.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	102952  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis