Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 47 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #461
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

I got motivated to get the XL going. CB is officially on the back burner for now. @Leroy has inspired me with his build. Every time I see his bike I'm itching to ride the XL. But I need a wring diagram and cannot find one online. Was hoping to fire it up this weekend but I really need a wiring diagram. I technically could've fired it up this weekend...I've got spark...but the ignition switch wasn't wired up so I've obviously got something wrong

If anyone has any leads it'd be much appreciated. I'd be good with a basic diagram: head/tail lights and ign. I'm not gonna run a battery,horn,signals, voltage regulator,etc.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #462
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Remind me tonight and I'll poke around.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #463
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

What year XL500?

I saw a bunch of wiring diagrams online.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #464
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I don't know what year this thing is Smoker, I saw a bunch too when I googled it, but actually going to the pages all led to the same scam site that wanted you to join something. That was really weird.

A pal from another forum had them. It never dawned on me the the XL-S ( street) bikes just had added wiring over the XL/XR bikes, so the bare bones wiring I want is technically already in place, I just gotta pull out all the wiring from the DC side and I'm good.
XL500S with street lighting.

XR500- No DC circuit+ battery, just the AC circuit and ign. Oddly enough Honda put the brake light on the battery circuit, so that's the only thing I'll have to move over.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #465
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

So you got a workable diagram then? I was just about to set out on a trip through the googler.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #466
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Yep, I think I got it covered. I haven't dug in to it, but thanks.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 02:40 AM   #467
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Got the wiring pared down. It's pretty spartan and likely not to have great light output, but it'll do for now. If the bike proves to be a keeper ( who knows exactly how it will handle) I'll knab an Ascot setup for a full 12v DC setup and go full LED.

The ignition wiring is overly complex. Happy to have a CDI, but the ignition windings is on one side of the motor and the trigger, centrifugal advance is on the other side...derp.

Gonna paint the tank tomorrow evening but there's a few peeks of the color I'm playing with for now. Was originally gonna go all white ( @bonehead inspired), but it was quickly looking like a Brazilian Police bike.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 03:22 AM   #468
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Gonna paint the tank tomorrow evening but there's a few peeks of the color I'm playing with for now. Was originally gonna go all white ( @bonehead inspired), but it was quickly looking like a Brazilian Police bike.

[/QUOTE]

Can I make you change your mind ??

Name:  VFRD.1.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  57.6 KB

Psst... don't tell anyone til the grand reveal
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #469
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Your secret is safe with me That looks dang nice, buddy.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 07:05 PM   #470
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

I think that the exhaust is ready for a cafe project...
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis