Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 48 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #471
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Yeah, I would've liked something a bit more offroad'y looking. Not many inexpensive/light options there. I should've just built a muffler.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #472
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Getting there...I wanted to start this thing this weekend but life got in the way. Prepare yerself for Krylon goodness. It's not half bad for $10 worth of paint and completely winging the striping. I didn't spend extra to get narrow masking tape for the stripes. I just trimmed down the tape I already had. The center strip is whatever width 3 passes of my tape equals to. Top shelf

I'll let it cure for several days ( it's 85-90 degrees here and humid) then I'll hand polish it. It might actually produce half a shine.

Picked up the wrong size t-bolt clamp for the exhaust, so gotta grab one of those and I reckon I could throw in a fresh spark plug. Shocks are somewhere in FedEx's loving care. Some decals for the tank are in the mail, too.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2019, 12:51 AM   #473
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Cheap shocks are on. Fit and finish on them seem quite nice. The black bits are powdercoated rather than anodized like the gold bits, so they'll probably hold up to scrapes and scratches better. Sag numbers are good without cranking up the preload, so looks like I got lucky on spring rate. Not surprising as many reports claimed the springs were on the stiff side. This bike is light, but the swingarm has a lot of leverage against the shocks. Tank decals are on and finishes the look, I think. The shock reservoirs got in the way of the helmet lock and the exhaust, so I'm having to remount it. Gonna go for a heat shield combo with the new exhaust mount to help shed some of the cafe vibe. Planning to drill a matching pattern in it to go along with the heat shield on the head pipes.

Just had to turn up a couple washers for the top mounts. The shocks came with enough different insert bushings that they were an easy bolt on. Couple close up looks.

NOK seals is nice to know. Should be easily attainable. The other spelling doesn't instill much confidence.

These are kinda silly. But to be honest, they're not much worse than what Yamaha supplied with my FZ07. And these at least fit the lock rings, which is more than I could say for the Yamaha tool. Plenty adequate for the job though, as the rings turn freely.

Some guys complained their shocks came charged with air vs nitrogen. I honestly have no idea how you would even determine that, but I went ahead and recharged them anyway. Both shocks were showing 35psi out of the box. I shot 75 psi in the,m. 2 minute job. Not gonna fool with anything else unless I see a need to. Heavy seat bounce tests show pretty good damping characteristics ( no wild rebound) without feeling harsh at all. Curious to see what they do out in the real world. Hope to find out soon enough.

And why not add a skully.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 10:28 PM   #474
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Got the exhaust remounted and added a heat shield. It's pretty thin. Just for looks, but I think it suits the bike. Thought about adding this emblem but don't want to overdo it. Still on the fence with that one. Been awhile since I used the bead roller, so it's far from perfect.

Put some gas in and went to start her up, but the bike had different plans. Petcock and accel pump both decided to start leaking. Still wanted to fire it up anyway, but as soon as I started kicking oil began to POUR out of this area. No clue. I'll pull her down tomorrow and figure it out. At least I know oil is flowing well...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #475
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Putting a HONDA emblem on the heat shield is like the giant window banners saying CHEVROLET. How proud are you of owning a Honda?

Some holes or dimple die work will look better imo.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #476
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I would love some dimple dies.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #477
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

And what better excuse to pick up a set?

The screw-together kind aren't too expensive.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2019, 11:51 PM   #478
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
These are kinda silly. But to be honest, they're not much worse than what Yamaha supplied with my FZ07. And these at least fit the lock rings, which is more than I could say for the Yamaha tool. Plenty adequate for the job though, as the rings turn freely.
Rings that turn by hand are great, but those spanner wrenches are there for the purpose of wrenching the two nuts together to lock them, not for adjusting the lower. That's why they give you two.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2019, 02:13 AM   #479
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Rings that turn by hand are great, but those spanner wrenches are there for the purpose of wrenching the two nuts together to lock them, not for adjusting the lower. That's why they give you two.
True. Hey, I know I ain't much on fancy tools, but I do know how wrenches work
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2019, 02:50 AM   #480
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I would love some dimple dies.
Don't you own a lathe? Could even replicate the same shallow dimple that Honda used.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis