Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #61
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: XR400R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I got the clutch on and just came back from a 20 mile "test ride".

I would kiss Mr Magura dead on the mouth. Don't care who's watching.
That's jank. Really that good?

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #62
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:04 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

It's light enough to pull it with my pinky. Clutch modulation feel is better than I expected. I figured being hydraulic would feel kinda dead. It's got more range of motion than stock, so you don't have to move the lever as far. Finding neutral is super easy. And since this is the "Street" master cylinder it's got a mirror mount and the lever ( breakaway lever,too) is formed to clear switchgear.

These things are usually about $300 but I found this eBay seller listing these for TRX 400's for $208 shipped. TRX is the quad version of this motor, so drill one hole in the slave mounting bracket and you're good to go.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #63
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've been very tempted by this before:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Mas...UAAOSwZKBZGWYY

It's so cheap that I wanted to give it a try but I'd already spent 50 on a Triump perch, adjustable lever & genuine cable and to do this conversion would cost me at least the same again so I kinda figured "how much better could it actually be?"

...And then you come along talking about mouth kissing and shit so I've started reconsidering.

Hmm.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #64
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I don't know much about all the different clutch kits, but KTM, Husaberg and Husqvarna have been using Magura clutch master cylinders for a long time. The master cylinder that came in my kit is the same one KTM uses on the 690 Enduro. The lever is formed to clear handlebar switch gear.

If it's in your budget, I'd highly recommend it. If you'd need to save up for it, I'd say it's worth the wait. I'm notoriously cheap and always determined to find another way , but I see me owning lots of Magura clutch kits in my future.

I like that they use mineral vs dot fluid, too. Mineral oil doesn't attract water, so they fluid never needs changing. Permanent, unless you open the system for some reason. If they've been installed as original equipment on so many Euro bikes that makes me think that replacement parts should be easily obtainable in the future. However, the slaves are marketed as non-rebuildable. I think a replacement slave is like $40-50, so not that bad anyway. Most slave rebuild kits run about $30 anyway.

My kit was advertised as for a TRX400 ( quad version of my bike) and was said to come with the decomp lever, but I doubted that. They confirmed it did come with the decomp, but it showed up without it. No real surprise, and I don't like the decomp on the left anyway. The kit was $208 to my door and they refunded me $25 for not sending the decomp setup. Win-win.

Oh, and you can buy different tips for the slave and move the clutch to another bike in the future. Buy one and refit it for any bike in the future.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2017, 05:32 AM   #65
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Oh, and you can buy different tips for the slave
That's what I can't find for the ebay ones. The tip that comes with it doesn't match my clutch arm.
My clutch felt fine until you did this conversion. Now it feels increasingly heavier

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #66
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

lol

The be honest, every time I get on this bike the clutch amazes me. You'd think you'd get accustomed to it, but nope, still feels awesome.

Look man, I'm trying my damnedest to justify this thing for you.... I'm running out of bs to say
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #67
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Well they make one for a Blaster 200 which would fit mine but I guess the hose would be too long. I'll keep an eye out for a used one from a similar bike and I can always get a tip to fit.

I found this thread where a guy installs a chinese version on his blaster: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/...tch-kit.39225/

The bottom line is that it was a waste of money so I think I'll avoid the cheap shit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #68
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Why?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #69
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Why what? Me, or Raz?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2017, 12:13 AM   #70
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Why what? Me, or Raz?
Quote:
It won't mean anything to the majority of the people on this forum, but I'm still gonna build it my way. If they care to ask why, I'll explain why. If not, who cares?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis