Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build! - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 03:16 AM   #61
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

I'm in the process of purging off a bunch of vintage bike parts (and a few bikes that have been sitting collecting dust for way too long) and he came for gas tanks, and left with a DR400/GN400 engine (with all the wiring and other shit to run it), GS750 and GS850 forks, two vintage swingarms that have been sitting here for long enough I forgot where they came from, and KZ550 and KZ650 rear wheels. Hopefully he'll come and take the GS450 off my hands too. I've totally given up on the vintage bike shit, the market sucks, and there just isn't the desire there anymore with fuel injected bikes getting cheaper.

Once I dig up the associated stuff, I'm gonna try to talk FightEverything into taking a titled GS500E frame/suspension off my hands to stuff that 400 engine into. The Kohler engine still should happen.

Somewhere around here I have KZ650 triples that may be able to donate a stem to the GS forks... I'm just going to keep finding parts to send off toward this project of his, probably end up with a fleet of bikes by the end of it if he's willing to transport it a car load at a time as I decide what stays and what goes before the snow hits and sticks for the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #62
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Hmm...that don't look like a Kohler. Has there been a plot twist???
Yes, the plot twist is that this is what happens when I do things. I make all the plans in the world, and it can change at the drop of a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Im less interested now
Don't be! It's still doomed to fail! This is ME after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
I'm in the process of purging off a bunch of vintage bike parts (and a few bikes that have been sitting collecting dust for way too long) and he came for gas tanks, and left with a DR400/GN400 engine (with all the wiring and other shit to run it), GS750 and GS850 forks, two vintage swingarms that have been sitting here for long enough I forgot where they came from, and KZ550 and KZ650 rear wheels. Hopefully he'll come and take the GS450 off my hands too. I've totally given up on the vintage bike shit, the market sucks, and there just isn't the desire there anymore with fuel injected bikes getting cheaper.

Once I dig up the associated stuff, I'm gonna try to talk FightEverything into taking a titled GS500E frame/suspension off my hands to stuff that 400 engine into. The Kohler engine still should happen.

Somewhere around here I have KZ650 triples that may be able to donate a stem to the GS forks... I'm just going to keep finding parts to send off toward this project of his, probably end up with a fleet of bikes by the end of it if he's willing to transport it a car load at a time as I decide what stays and what goes before the snow hits and sticks for the winter.
Who knows. The Kohler may end up in something far more radical. The woman wants to ride, but she's limited due to disabilities. The Kohler with a centrifugal clutch may power her bike instead!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #63
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Titled GS500 you say?
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 08:02 PM   #64
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Titled GS500 you say?
No chance! I'm trying to make room for it at the house right now!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #65
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #66
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
No chance! I'm trying to make room for it at the house right now!
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2017, 01:57 AM   #67
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

It doesn't have a subframe, or engine mounts, or much else... just a bare main frame with title and proper numbers... was originally intended as a super single build, but never got that far so it's just been sitting here collecting dust for far too long. Completely done with this shit at this point. Just want a bunch of crap gone and out of my way, I've got turbo shit to build, stunt bikes to ride, and a crossplane powered 900RR to get around to.

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2017, 02:51 AM   #68
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
It doesn't have a subframe, or engine mounts, or much else... just a bare main frame with title and proper numbers... was originally intended as a super single build, but never got that far so it's just been sitting here collecting dust for far too long. Completely done with this shit at this point. Just want a bunch of crap gone and out of my way, I've got turbo shit to build, stunt bikes to ride, and a crossplane powered 900RR to get around to.
Wait, I thought you were talking about the bike outside. Nvm. I'm interested in the one outside next lol
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #69
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

The bike outside (that you want) is a '81 GS450L, and also has a title... so does the spare Bandit frame, and the GS500E frame, and everything else I have. Stopped accepting bikes that didn't have paperwork as I got really tired of cutting up junk frames for the scrap yard. 9/10 times if a bike doesn't have a title, something is really, really wrong with it. Still yet to find a stolen one though, everyone fears getting a stolen bike in a shady back alley sale, but it's never, ever happened to me... and I've had alot of "too good to be true" deals for bikes.

The VF750F Interceptor in the shop only needs an application for title filled out and they will hand you one. Had a title, my buddy lost it, but it's a legit bike ready for someone that enjoys the migraine that is a V4.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #70
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

V4 rocks

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes