Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #41
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread

Hey Leroy,
Are the guards metal or plastic?
Like the rear lights, fit in real nice.
You will be finished I hope.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bonehead!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #42
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

The guards are metal.
I hope that too mate
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 06:48 AM   #43
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Bummer about the cam chain Here's hoping nothing else got hurt. Good luck, man.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 07:23 AM   #44
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Damm Leroy, so close, would be a shame not to try if you to can finish.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 08:03 AM   #45
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Bummer about the cam chain Here's hoping nothing else got hurt. Good luck, man.
Hey I didn't know about your hand. I hope you get well soon man!

I will go later to the bike and see. I hope that too.
This user High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #46
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Damm Leroy, so close, would be a shame not to try if you to can finish.

Of course I will try mate
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #47
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Shit bad luck Leroy,
but lets remember that it is only a bike,
there is many, many worse things that can happen in life

I don't know to much about motors, are you able to fix it yourself ? or do you have to get it rebuild or another motor, is that easier?

And hey at least you got to ride it, even if it was for a very, very short time
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #48
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Leroy, do you think the anchor points in the engine really broke off to allow the chain to break? That seems like a very strange failure mode. Maybe something else bound up which caused those to shear off due to the stress instead?

I dunno. It's gonna be hard to say. Just my thought from the outside looking in. Good luck, boss.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 04:11 PM   #49
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Shit bad luck Leroy,
but lets remember that it is only a bike,
there is many, many worse things that can happen in life

I don't know to much about motors, are you able to fix it yourself ? or do you have to get it rebuild or another motor, is that easier?

And hey at least you got to ride it, even if it was for a very, very short time
I'm ready to buy an other engine right now. I really want to throw an 600cc to this frame but the paperwork it has to be done makes me to pass it. I have to go to the welder at Thursday and see if he can fix it. I have a piece of what is broken and the rest have to build it
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #50
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Leroy, do you think the anchor points in the engine really broke off to allow the chain to break? That seems like a very strange failure mode. Maybe something else bound up which caused those to shear off due to the stress instead?

I dunno. It's gonna be hard to say. Just my thought from the outside looking in. Good luck, boss.
I suppose that all the damage came from the timing chain tensioner. The chain was on big pressure. It broke, the piston hit the exhaust valves. After that the crank rotate the broken chain and the chain hit the chain sliders mount.

I would like to hear and other's opinion about that

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads