What was your last purchase? - Page 279 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #2781
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
You got 20k miles out of a rear tire???! Typo? Or do you only ride on carpet?
Front tire. I got 15k out of a rear if my memory serves right.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #2782
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That's impressive. Most I ever got out of a rear is 4k, but I think my Shinko 009 is gonna go past 5k. My BT023's were gone at 4k front and rear. I did get 12k miles out of a Shinko 712 on the front if my old CB, but I was using rears every 2500. Rear tire changes and oil changes are typically simultaneous for me. The dual sports will eat 2-3 tires to oil change though. Hell, I could only get about 5 tanks of fuel to a rear on the KLR, but that bike could go almost 300 miles to a tank.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #2783
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

What kind of pavement do you got down there? Could make a big difference
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #2784
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Apparently it's pretty coarse, but I've traveled to other States and cant say in really saw much difference.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #2785
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

new set of Hel calipers

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #2786
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
What kind of pavement do you got down there? Could make a big difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Apparently it's pretty coarse, but I've traveled to other States and cant say in really saw much difference.
I have been all over the states and there really isn't much of a difference between the roughness of the asphalt.

You'll get a difference between the smoothness, the number of pot holes or the likeliness to use concrete over asphalt. Overall, it's just a majority of my miles are distance riding with not as many curves.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #2787
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Man, fuck concrete highways.

Kabump, kablump, kablump, kablump, kablump, kablump....for miles at a time.

You can just feel shit wearing out
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #2788
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Ya never i understood the concrete highway thing
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #2789
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

Double the life span of asphalt. It's all about how frequently you can afford to have a road go down for construction with the rest of your infrastructure.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #2790
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

They don't last longer because they're more durable. They last longer because people detour the POS, so it just gets less wear.
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion