Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 207 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #2061
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Smoker, don't take this as criticism, just an honest question. And I'm fairly confident you've got a solid reason for this already, but what's up with the splice in that tube?

I see that you need an angle at that area, but maybe a bent tube is a better way to go? Of course, a solid, straight tube is best, but that's why I asked. Just curious.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #2062
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Smoker, don't take this as criticism, just an honest question. And I'm fairly confident you've got a solid reason for this already, but what's up with the splice in that tube?

I see that you need an angle at that area, but maybe a bent tube is a better way to go? Of course, a solid, straight tube is best, but that's why I asked. Just curious.

I'm going to try to find a shop that can bend some steel tubes as close to this sample as possible. The idea is to get rid of the seam - using one tube, instead of 2 tubes.

I have a tubing bender, so I may try to bend a tube myself, but it will probably just waste money. I doubt I'll be able to bend the tubing without crimping it because it's fairly thin-walled. I'll try to pack the tubing with wet sand and tape off the ends, but I don't have a lot of confidence in that.

If I can find a shop that won't charge too much, I'll get 6 tubes bent. It's not going to be easy to index and cut the ends
the tube, so, I'll need extras.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #2063
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Out of the shops you use and people you know to get all those sexy parts you have you have got to know someone who can bend tube. I'll be going to the manchineel shop tomorrow if you let me know the metal you're using they might have it in stock and be able to do it. I'd love to help out on this epic build. PM with the metal info and I see if they have it and can bend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #2064
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yzf75fighter View Post
Out of the shops you use and people you know to get all those sexy parts you have you have got to know someone who can bend tube. I'll be going to the manchineel shop tomorrow if you let me know the metal you're using they might have it in stock and be able to do it. I'd love to help out on this epic build. PM with the metal info and I see if they have it and can bend it.
Just learning as I go.

Still need to order the metal. Not yet sure whether it can be bent in 2 foot sections, or if I need to order 3 foot long tubes. Depends on the type of tube bender. Will need to call some bending shops to find out.

I need a 15.5 degree bend at 15 inches (or 9 inches) on a 24in x 7/8in OD x .058 wall 4130 normalized alloy steel tube.

The finished tubes will be about 19 inches.

If bending the tubes doesn' t come out good, I'll weld the tubes and smooth out the joint.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #2065
Stian
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really nice

Crazy machine you got going there!

There should be no problem bending those tubes, unless you have a very specific radius in mind. but again people who do this for a living probably has a wide choice of dies. (i only have one pr dimension and that sucks)
Stian is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #2066
Vikrant Singh
GURU
Fighterer
Vikrant Singh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Smoker, in short - inspiring, brilliant, my hat goes off to you.
Vikrant Singh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #2067
bspencer
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
bspencer is really nicebspencer is really nicebspencer is really nicebspencer is really nicebspencer is really nicebspencer is really nicebspencer is really nice

Top notch work for sure.
bspencer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #2068
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I have enough tubing to try out my tube bender.

Plugging the ends of the tubing (for sand) is the problem. 7/8" OD and approx. 3/4" ID, wall thickness .058. There's not really anything there to make threads with a tap or die. Now looking at expansion plugs or wooden plugs. I don't have anything around here to use. Hopefully, I can find something better than duct tape.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #2069
Stian
Noobie
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really niceStian is really nice

what kind of bender do you have? i bend 18x1mm at work with a machine like this. No sand involved.

Stian is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #2070
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stian View Post
what kind of bender do you have? i bend 18x1mm at work with a machine like this. No sand involved.

If you lived just a little closer to Los Angeles, I might be excited.

I've got a crappy Harbor Freight hydraulic tubing bender, and I highly doubt I'll be able to do this job correctly.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes