Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 247 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #2461
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Got more info on the upsized reedcage mod.

There are 4 different VForce3 reedcages for the CR125. The one used for the upsized RZ/Banshee mod is the V301A.
V301A no longer sold by Moto Tassinari, superseded by V301B.
V301A was listed for '87 - '00 CR125. V301B was listed for '01 CR125. Not sure of the difference.

The VForce4 reedcage for the Banshee/RZ is V4144. Says on the MT website that metal needs to be removed from the cylinder walls, in order for the reedcage to fit.

There is only one VForce4 reedcage for the CR125, the V4R01D. Listed for '87 - '00 & '02. Notice they skip '01. (So, I have doubts about the V301B fitting the RZ/Banshee.)

I ordered a G401 gasket set for the V4R01D reedcage, so I can compare the size to the G4144 gaskets I have for the V4144 reedcage.

Can still find V301A reedcages around, but I read an independent test showing VF4s are better than VF3s.

VFuck!
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #2462
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:22 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I read that VF3s are disappointing compared with VF2s but VF4s are bestest.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #2463
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:22 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Can you use a Boyesen Rad valve?
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #2464
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Can you use a Boyesen Rad valve?
CR125 Rad Valve?

I guess, so. Probably should fit same as the V4s.

Pretty sure V4s are better/more recent technology.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #2465
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

RAD valves are designed to optimise airflow on intakes that are angled to clear the rear shock. Don't think this is an issue on yours?

Also, check out ebay item #202513437489 for your next project.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #2466
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
RAD valves are designed to optimise airflow on intakes that are angled to clear the rear shock. Don't think this is an issue on yours?

Also, check out ebay item #202513437489 for your next project.
This???

Ha, ha!!

Would probably be dragging the grafted part of the engine on the road. Not to mention the engine/bike would be out of balance.

Could get much more power and performance with 2 big aftermarket cylinders.

They make Rad Valves for the RZ/Banshee engine. To use the larger CR125-sized Rad Valve (reedcages), I would still need RZ/Banshee-style Rad Valve intakes, or other intakes.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #2467
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Well, it would have been a good idea for me to actually look at the engine before spending so much time on this mod.

The CR125 upsized reedcage mod was suggested to me by Ed Erlenbach. He sent me the pic of the V3 reed and the RZ cylinder. The thing is, he's an RD and TZ guy - so maybe this is actually an air-cooled mod. Or, maybe there's something I'm missing. I think the bolt pattern is the same on the V3s and V4s.

Got the CR125 V4 gaskets. Much wider than the Banshee gaskets. With the hose between the cylinders, I don't see any good way to go to larger reedcages.

I could do it by extending the (cut-out, thin-walled) cylinders and welding the new flanges past the hose, or trying to offset the new flanges, but I don't think either answer is good. The extensions would be welded right next to the hose, unless the cylinders are cut down.

Could turn the reedcages sideways, but never heard if that. If I could, they would only be 1mm wider on each side, plus the welding bead.

I think its back to the Banshee V4s.

This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #2468
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Damn that stupid pipe. Try blaster cages then. I think banshee guys upgrade to those which is where I stole the idea from.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #2469
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
Damn that stupid pipe. Try blaster cages then. I think banshee guys upgrade to those which is where I stole the idea from.
Unless the bolt pattern is the same, I don't see how they could work.
The coolant hose takes up all the room between the reedcage flanges.

Kind of sucks, but the mod is a lot of work for a few more HP on top. Might even hurt low and mid-range performance.

I wanted it because it's also a cool visual mod.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #2470
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

put your efforts into making the intake stand out then. Get that one you posted but Smokerize it.

These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes