Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 248 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #2471
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:27 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Is it possible to make an horizontal intake for the coolant pipe? Just a thought
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #2472
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Or an ovalled metal line that is a bit thinner than the rubber?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #2473
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
Is it possible to make an horizontal intake for the coolant pipe? Just a thought
Good idea.

Could probably make it work, but not make it look good.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #2474
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Or an ovalled metal line that is a bit thinner than the rubber?
If I weld extensions onto the cylinders, it might help. If the welds are flat, the standard hose should still fit .

There might be about 1/4 inch between the 2 larger reedcage flanges, so no tubing in-between.

This reminds me, I wanted to use anodized aluminum, or color-annealed titanium, coolant hoses. Have to see how long it would take. The more mods I do, the less chance I have of seeing the bike done.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #2475
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
put your efforts into making the intake stand out then. Get that one you posted but Smokerize it.
Possibly. Again, it's a time thing.

Got a feeling the aluminum intakes I have will end up being correct.

Could still copy them in titanium. The design isn't too difficult.

No RZ has titanium intakes. Actually, don't recall seeing titanium intakes on any bike. For sure, there's no bike with gold nitrided titanium intakes.

Not yet....
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #2476
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:27 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Probably a couple dumb ideas, but I'll toss them out anyway.

Instead of two separate intakes could you combine them in to one solid piece, then drill through the center for the water passage? Or would just be bad thermal stuff for the intake charge?

Bad idea #2...can you just route the hose elsewhere?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #2477
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Probably a couple dumb ideas, but I'll toss them out anyway.

Instead of two separate intakes could you combine them in to one solid piece, then drill through the center for the water passage? Or would just be bad thermal stuff for the intake charge?

Bad idea #2...can you just route the hose elsewhere?
Both good ideas.

I tried to work out another route for the coolant hose, but found nothing good.

Most of the newer design intakes are 1-piece, with an internal crossover.

The problem is, the larger reedcages should fit into (relatively) the same space. Most of the solutions we're talking about would push the reedcages back away from the cylinders a lot.

Can't change the position much, because it affects the fit of other parts. Have to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages of this mod.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #2478
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Machined up the steel plates. Chopping & welding next.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #2479
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Pic of the 378cc engine.

This is the area we're talking about.

Probably will end up with the same setup you see here (boost bottle off).

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #2480
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got some +7mm OEM cylinder numbers from someone who knows:

"Just be realistic with your power goals, 80-83 hp is a very achievable number below 10k with out the need to think about it to much."

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes