Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 249 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #2481
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Today, someone with a +7mm OEM cylinder [running] engine let me know he's about an hour away.

Nice bike, and he sent me the dyno results.

Sounds like someone is looking for a SHOWDOWN!
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 12:41 AM   #2482
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That's a dang nice torque curves, too. For a high revving 2T it's not very peaky looking. Nice! The benefit of the twin, I suppose.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #2483
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
That's a dang nice torque curves, too. For a high revving 2T it's not very peaky looking. Nice! The benefit of the twin, I suppose.
Mostly due to the YPVS. Banshee engine is very similar, but no power valve.

Other good thing about this build is the engine is considerably more "square". OEM is 54mm stroke x 64mm bore. The +7mm will have 61mm stroke x (probably) 66mm bore.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #2484
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

So you would say i would benefit from boost bottle on 80cc single too?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #2485
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
So you would say i would benefit from boost bottle on 80cc single too?
I would say you won't lose power with a proper boost bottle for your engine.

It could smooth out the power delivery, and add a little HP, mostly on the bottom end. I've read claims of +10 (bottom), +4 (mid), and +2 (top), on a much larger engine than yours.

The Helmholtz Resonant Frequency Formula is hard to apply because of the many engine variables. Finding the perfect BB for a specific engine always comes down to trial & error. Harry Barlow did a great research project and paper on boost bottles years ago, if you can find it.

Helmholtz Resonant Frequency Formula:
f=(a/2pi) x [{pi(Dp/2)^2}/Vb{Lp+1.57(Dp/2)}]^0,5

f= resonant frequency of bottle (ie. effective RPM)
a=speed of sound at your altitude (340m/s at sea level)
Dp=Diameter of connecting pipe in cm
Lp=Length of connecting pipe in cm
Vb=bottle volume in cc

The bottle should be at least as big as the displacement of the cylinder and the hose cross section should be at least as big as the throttle opening at the intended RPM. Yamaha's SAE paper was #810923, most technical university libraries have these on file. Keep in mind that this is to design a bottle for a single cylinder engine.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #2486
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks for this a lot

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #2487
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Guess I should have said an aftermarket generic boost bottle is a total gamble, and not a good one.

If you like the way it looks, try it out. Make a custom one, if you can. Use your butt dyno.

For my engine, the best builders are using intakes with internal crossovers. No boost bottles.

I'm using the boost bottle because I like the look, not for more HP.

Most bikers look at it like some kind of alien appendage.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #2488
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:48 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

This is a real deal dyno print out of a Banshee engine with & without a boost bottle:

IMO I don't think Yamaha would have bothered with the R&D, manufacture & installation of boost bottles if it didn't have benefits. I read that it improves low speed running by allowing mixture to enter a chamber until it's needed rather than passing back through the carb and picking up even more fuel on it's way back into the engine, causing a rich condition.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #2489
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Well mine is 80cc same engine base as JDM nsr80, would like to have some power for city fun

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #2490
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
IMO I don't think Yamaha would have bothered with the R&D, manufacture & installation of boost bottles if it didn't have benefits. I read that it improves low speed running by allowing mixture to enter a chamber until it's needed rather than passing back through the carb and picking up even more fuel on it's way back into the engine, causing a rich condition.
Let me know when you have a real dyno.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes