Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #61
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

you want a yamaha tricker

shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shift1313!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #62
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

I like trials-style bikes, but don't like standing up all the time . Usually when I sit on a trials bike, my knees are in my chest because the seat is so low.

This is an extremely cool bike!! Never seen rainbow anodizing on fork tubes. That is some hot shit right there. I'll have to look into that.

I like the look of (gold) titanium nitride coated fork tubes, but I've heard that even though the coating is super-thin - it can still cause fork stiction or binding. Maybe that's only if there is a defect in the coating, I don't know and don't want to chance it.

I think the rainbow effect is just the metal itself, without a top coat. If that's right, I might like to try it.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #63
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

This is a pretty cool design, but I'm guessing it was done by a female.

There is absolutely no padding whatsoever for your balls.

I wouldn't even get on this bike without a cup.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #64
shift1313
GURU

shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

the bike was designed as a flat land style(ala bmx) bike. No sitting really.

those pics are both concepts. the actual bike has a seat and uses the aircooled ttr250 motor.

I dont think its available in the us. I just put it up there because it "looks" fairly stripped down but is still street legal and factory which is cool.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #65
shift1313
GURU

i should also mention that yam makes two street legal motards overseas as well.

wr250x is out state side i think(or should be). there was a dt50 and 125 sm in europe I think.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #66
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
those pics are both concepts.

I just put it up there because it "looks" fairly stripped down but is still street legal and factory which is cool.
Yep. Both of those bikes are excellent examples of the direction I want to go with this build. Stripped-down, high-end look, detailed clean finish.

I sent in a list today, to get a price on the Aprilia parts - the frame, subframe, swingarm, linkage, kickstand, rear shock, forks, lower tree, and a few other small items.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #67
Smoker
BLACK BELT

It's hard to say what I will do, but here are a couple of possibilities.

With the stock cylinders, the RZ350 engine can be modified to put out over 70HP reliably - and should last for a while, if used on a street bike. The engine could easily match the HP that the Aprilia puts out.

I know the RZ engine is heavier, and won't have the usable torque and all that, but it's not a bad alternative for someone like me that wants a two-stroke.

With aftermarket oversize cylinders, the engine could be taken to 550cc to match the size of the Aprilia engine and could put out up to 100-110HP. It would definitely stop people from asking "Why would you swap out the Aprilia engine?"

I'm sure the bike would ride much better with the 350cc engine, though.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #68
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Part of that frame is cast and may or may not take kindly to modifications if you need to mod/remove material at the rear where the engine goes. You may have a pile of junk before done.
I'm not a welder, well I'm a beginner welder- but I don't know anything yet. But I didn't know you could weld to cast aluminum.

I checked with one of the best fabricators I know, and he said it's no problem at all. So, I could cut those V-shaped aluminum parts of the frame off entirely, and weld in some new bracing - if it comes to that.

I don't want to spend a lot of money and build a good-looking bad-running bike. I'll make sure the frame is well-braced.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #69
redline
fighter'n the good fight
CF Addict
redline's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
redline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really nice
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

wile your at it you should get this motor kit.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...e-twin-update/
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...cing-for-kits/
http://www.twostrokeshop.com/TSS.htm
it will probably double (or triple?) the cost of your build but probably do the same in HP

gsxr build:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=10799

If you have to ask you don't understand.
If you want it built right you got to build it your self.
No Apologies
redline is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #70
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

So what about this option? Since you're already looking at spending, let's say $2000, for a factory Aprilia frame that you'll end up having to cut up and hope make work with the RZ engine. Why not talk to a frame builder and have a one off made that fits the motor a lot better and then you can adjust the geometry and style to suit. It would probably cost you as much and you already have a titled/register neck to use. Either option would be cool and hella props once you pull it off. Just an added option to help you pick your battles
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes