Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

titans project skip build

6K views 66 replies 3 participants last post by  titan 
#1 ·
Ă…plan is to get this one as a runner, by the closing date as cheaply as possible. the build if you havnt been following is a bandit 600 frame, GSXR1100 engine, SRAD 750 front end.

to do!!

subframe
engine rebuild
wiring

pretty much every thing and still missing key components.

currently in this bike for ÂŁ193

see how we get on

See less See more
#2 ·
Well no time to seat around, new job Monday means less time on the bikes.

First job sub frame, so made a start on that. Made the bracket it's need to weld it up just tacked in place for now. that will get welded to the frame top rear shock mount. Made the back bone of the subframe, this is the two bend tubes I had that are now bridged together. this now needs gussets to strengthen it up and the frame supports making. Then I need to remove the old remainents of the original subframe.

Also got a package with my bottom yoke in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Got the bracket for the subframe welded from the underside, still play the game of luck when it come to Tig, still lots of room for improvement but happy with how that welded up. Top will all be welded up together once finished.

Cleaned up the rear of the frame and happy with the lines. Now to make this all a bit stronger. Plan is to have two supports made out of 12mm solid bar, I'll gusset the back bone up on the bend and on the rear side (front side of the bike). At some point there will be a platform added that will sit under the frame for the battery and electrical crap. This should add the final bits of support if needed. Oh and the back bone will be cut down by about 9", as I don't need it out that far.

Does anyone see anything I have missed with this design in terms of structural integrity??

#5 ·
Last bit before work this week. Got the Gussets done on the under side. Need to order my seat now so I can get it measured up and trim off the fat.

Just waiting new engine cases so I can get the engine done and use the old one for a mock up

#6 ·
Engine cases turned up. stripped out some of the old parts left in it, and gave them a clean at 65'c ( don't tell the wife!!)

The new cases are from a k series, I'm starting to think the engine I have is not a k series but another 1100/1200 engine, pistons are 78mm. They looks the same ( a few differences) but the numbers are all different... See how that goes.

Also removed the subframe bracket as I notice it was off by about 5mm to one side. Just needs a slight trim and re tacking on

Re set up my Tig to try something new

#7 ·
Not much done been super busy but did get the bracket tacked back in place. Also picked up some parts price to be negotiated later

#8 ·
Not much done this weekend. I did get a few brackets drawn out ready to cut next week. Engine case cleaning this week ready to paint next week hopefully. Nothing worth pictures sorry.

Oh seat ordered[emoji2937]

Reactions: AtlStreetfighter
#11 ·
Nightmare evening. Started a pretty easy job of making the tank mounts on the subframe. Maneged to finish them and the fuck a thread up, had to sit and grind out the nut and weld a new on in after snapping a bolt off. Got that done in the end.

Quick mock up, all looking good.

Wondering if I should put an extra support bar in in front of the subframe. Will help pull the subframe forward, also give me a fixing point for the battery and electrics. Any thoughts??

#12 ·
Few bits done today. Trimmed the two tabs off the tank i don't need. I trimmed the tube for the subframe and cut up my skateboard.

Next jobs are to make the seat mounts, and work out the down tubes for the subframe. Not sure what lines to follow (black tape or white)??

#14 ·
Seat brackets made. Next job is to finish shaping seat, drill it, clue the front bridge on, fill a few holes and sand it all down smooth. Then I need to work out whether I'm going to just varnish/clear it or add some decorations to it first

#15 ·
Steel tube for the subframe, glue, wood filler and some more clamps for the seat ( not counting clamps in the build of costing as needed them anyway so just ÂŁ14 to the cost) . Hopefully get it clued together tomorrow. May have enough gas to tack the support bars in if I get them cut too. Missed the gas shop today.

Once that's done I can get the front supports and gussets made and fitted then the subframe is about done for the most part, still few little bits to work out like plate holder and lights but have a rough plan.

Reactions: yantosh
#18 ·
Got the seat pretty much sanded back. Happy with the fit so glued the front bit on.

Then I cut and tacked in the support tubes for the rear subframe. Couple more bits and the subframe will be ready to weld up I think.

#19 ·
Full day in the garage and looks like nothing has changed.. but the subframe is nearly part of the main frame now. A couple of issues but nothing that can't be sorted.

#20 ·
Sun was shining so took the day off the build and went riding instead. so no work done today. [emoji16]

#21 ·
That's the frame all one now. Just need to make a few more gussets. Not the prettiest of welds but it ain't going nowhere.

Note to self... Think through the process and welding things together first. Makes it difficult if you just weld it up with out thinking

#22 ·
Nothing exciting happening. Cleaning up the cases and getting them ready for paint.

Also working out next move on the frame

#24 ·
All wrapped up, may get them painted and baked tonight.. why put off till tomorrow what can be done today

And all that

#25 ·
Well that's another job done. Now need to get a gasket set and the rebuild can start.

Still need to dig out the rest of the engine bits to get cleaned and painted too.

#26 ·
So started the engine build today, maneged to strip a bolt in the gear selector, got a replacement luckily from a local place. Then I couldn't remove this bearing, wrecked the one in it originally and this one just fell apart so now waiting for one to turn up as nowhere local has one. And finally the oil pump bolts won't come out of the old engine waiting on a mate coming round with a better impact to give it ago.

Overall not a great day.

But the paint new engine is looking amazing all painted up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.