NeverEnough's Superbad-idea, ZX900rr - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > NeverEnough's Superbad-idea, ZX900rr

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
NeverEnough's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Flip Offs: 56
Flipped Off 30 Times in 25 Posts
NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default Re: NeverEnough's Superbad-idea, ZX900rr

Started at tidying up my electrical yesterday.
First I played a little bit of tetris.

Then I cried.

But then finally for the first year EVER.... I have real heat in my workspace! and might add, really pretty nice heat! I just need to insulate my mini-garage some more and it will really be cookin in there! Can't tell you how freakin spoiled I felt being able to sit in that chair and literally have heat, all around me as it is blizzarding outside!
-For all you guys DWing without any heat, I feel for ya man I really do. I spent way too many years DWing in the cold.

Shortened up my already shortened wiring harness.

End result is, meh acceptable until I get my connectors in the mail. Then I will be making it extremely tidy and laid out.

Then I found my four rubbers....errrr intake rubbers, and mounted my carbs and checked out my idea for a possible beginning of an airfilter housing.
----Can anyone send some knowledge my way of if I have a housing set up this way, will it result in very poor performance? And if so, what would be recommended to fix it as best as possible with taking the frame into consideration?

Opened up the carbs to do a carb clean, and they really weren't to bad looking, til I really dug into them....then they were loaded with silt...... seriously it looked like somebody went mudbogging with these carbs

YUT-UGHHHh
NeverEnough is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Well humph! My goal for today before I left for work was to hear the song of my people!
The bike is seeming to say- to me.
I've got an IV drip of gasoline to it, the carbs are cleaned, I've got spark, I can see fuel is getting into the cylinders....but no vroom! ARGHHH! HUMPH!!!!

AIR-FUEL-SPARK, sdjgnldfigblfinglkjghl why you no vrooom!?!?

YUT-UGHHHh
These people High Fived NeverEnough!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
Winter Buildoff Winner 

This might be the end of this bike... might be setting it on fire and walking away.

Spent the whole weekend trying to get it to fire.
Checked everything electronic that I could, all was within spec.
Checked timing and valve clearances, everything was within spec.
Compression is plenty good.
Checked all of my wiring 10x, everything is wired correctly, plugs are wired in series.
Has giant fat blue spark, plugs get wet---WILL NOT even stumble start.
Only thing I can think of that is left is that the CDI went to shit....but will a CDI still have it throw spark even though it is shot?

HELP?!

YUT-UGHHHh

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #14
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Getting back to this stupid thing.... It's pissing me off just sitting in the garage so close to running but not.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

YUT-UGHHHh
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #15
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Well this sucks.... doesnt look like I will have this bike done in time.

But GOOD NEWS, I did get the bike to fire after redoing some wiring and hooking up stock coils...idk what the problem was with the COPs and sucks because I have to get them to work because there is no room to mount the stock coil packs.

Working at building the subframe for it now, and then having an aluminum fuel cell built.

YUT-UGHHHh

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads