Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Wheel Fitment Kawasaki z1000

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NuuAgeSlim 
#1 ·
So I own a 2008 Kawasaki z1000, love the bike to death. Was wanting to make it my first actual project with some small things that I can do to it, while also still being mobile with the bike.

Well, while riding I got pushed off the side of the road. And bent both my rims. I can't find a front rim anywhere for my year bike. And the generation before seems like the spacers are different. I don't know what spacers to get if I went with getting that wheel.

Anyways. I'm curious as to where/what companies make aftermarket rims that would fit my bike, or if anyone could help me find a 07-09 rim. If not I was thinking of maybe getting some spikes wheels for the front and back. Does anyone know where to look for doing this?

If not spoked rims, what about other aftermarket companies for rims that could fit my bike.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
The part numbers are good for only that year and model most likely due to color.

However, the sprocket carrier is used on some Zx6, Zx9, and other Z1000’s. So maybe one of those sets of rims may work.

Later, Doug

#5 ·
To answer, I am in cape coral Florida usa. I have done some research. Extensively. Lol, and sadly for my year bike the front rim is not shared anywhere.

The gwn 1 shares components with the zx9r. The gen two shares no components anywhere (for this project that is) I might have to go with a gen 1 wheel, change the color, and have spacers made for the front. I found a gen 2 rear wheel for next to nothing. And found a gen 1 with spacers, rotors and a good tire for a decent price. Going to buy that and see where to go from there.

The gen 1 wheels are a bit narrower, the rotors are dished out to make up for the difference.

Both gen 1 and gen 2 share same mounting points, rotor outside diameter (300mm). But the rotors bolt pattern is a bit wider on a gen 2 wheel compared to a gen 1.
With spacers made the rotors should line up perfectly.

Will see where to go from there.
If there is a member near by, please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.