J-Rod's '71 H1 Smoker 'Ursula' the Final Chapter - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > J-Rod's '71 H1 Smoker 'Ursula' the Final Chapter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer
Jrod's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 17 Times in 10 Posts
Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: J-Rod's '71 H1 Smoker 'Ursula' the Final Chapter

While I was waiting for the frame to come back I polished up some more bits for the front end and added some speed holes on the light bracket.

Started working on the rear brake stay. Bent up a piece of tubing. Just need to find some eyes with the right size thread

Checked my messages on Saturday morning and the Powder Coaters called Friday my frame is done! Same day service from these guys, I will use them again.

So I had to start putting her back together, polished up the rear shock tops

Swinger and Wheel on

Bolted up the front end

and finished up Sunday night like this

Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer
Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Jrod is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Managed to bolt up a few more items. Finished up the brake resi for the rear This seemed to work out too good. probably gonna be in the way of the oil tank. But looks good for now.

Rear sets are on, pipes are on, brake stay is finished. Clutch cable on, carbs back on.

I have avoided it as much as I can, I have to do the wiring next
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #23
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer

The seat is done! They did an outstanding job IMHO

I finished wiring up the gauges

Looks good too

And I also figured out how NOT to hook up the ignition box. It appears I can not read a wiring diagram despite checking it over thrice! I wired a switch positive wire to a what was supposed to be a switched negative wire and here is the result. Notice the nice hole in the circuit board. I will refer to that as a speedhole as a result of some dumb Arshole...ME

It appears it may only have fries the copper trace on the board have. I have been in contact with the guy who builds these and he thinks I may be able to salvage it I just need to check some of the diodes to see if I cooked one of them too. Keep your fingers crossed, otherwise my build costs goes up. Or does it count towards the total if you wreck something and don't use it before the deadline?
These people High Fived Jrod!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #24
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer

Well its down to the wire. I did fook the iggy box, but i now have a new shiny one The bike is back together

I couldn't seem to find the oil tank cap, but I did find this one for a 710, it does the job

And here she is almost ready for the show, no paint though, not enough time left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_L7IKj7Kw
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
Jrod
GURU

Senior Fighterer

Well here she is all buttoned up. I was up til the wee hours last night to put the finishing touches one her. Things I did last night:
-wired up the home made battery
-drilled and tapped the bars for the driven bar ends
-set the iggy timing
-manual carb sync
-set oil pump
-bolted on rear fender guard thingy
bolted on misc covers and tightened up all the other bolts.

The only thing I never finished is the paint, but that can wait.

Here is the first ride

Build cost:
bike $0
Engine $650
Swing arm $5
Front end, fender and wheels $1000
Iggy system $450
Higgspeed Pipes $900
Misc supplies, fiberglass and metal $200
Sprockets, carb kits, cables and headlight parts and bracket $175
Gauges $400
2013 total $3,780

Steering Stabilizer $75
Wire Loom $20
R1 Rear Set $40
Brake Resi's $50
Seat Upholstery $100
Powder Coat $150
Tag Bracket $50
another iggy box $185
Misc Bits $100

2014 Total $670

List of mods:
Not much is stock except the tank and sidecovers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #26
brehm1986
ill fighter
Noobie
brehm1986's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:13 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 18 Times in 9 Posts
brehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cunt

Ooooh. Shiny

ILL FIGHTER
brehm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following 4 Users Say F-U to brehm1986 For This Post:
F'dup (10-20-2014), Fizzer_Fighter (10-20-2014), jerryatrophy (10-20-2014), jmartin1110 (10-22-2014)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #27
brehm1986
ill fighter
Noobie
brehm1986's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:13 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 18 Times in 9 Posts
brehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cuntbrehm1986 is a cunt

Like the forks

ILL FIGHTER
brehm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following 4 Users Say F-U to brehm1986 For This Post:
Cookie2000ad (10-22-2014), F'dup (10-20-2014), jerryatrophy (10-20-2014), jmartin1110 (10-22-2014)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #28
Spyrious
Fighter In Training
Spyrious's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Spyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome build!
Spyrious is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Spyrious!
The Following User Says F-U to Spyrious For This Post:
F'dup (07-05-2015)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads