Kokal's CBR600 F2 Project - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kokal's CBR600 F2 Project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
kokal
Noobie
kokal's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
kokal is a NOOB
Default Kokal's CBR600 F2 Project

Hello fellow streetfighter fans. My name is Stoyan and I am from Bulgaria. I read thiis forum for over 1 year now looking at projects and dreaming of making one of my own. So since I already have a bike and cant afford a newer one and quite frankly they all look too plain compared to what I have seen here I decided to mod it to my taste. Of course with some help from friends because I am not that skilled. Anyway enough info here is the bike and some of the parts I already have

Some of the parts I managed to buy so far :
GSXR 1000 K5/6 Front Rotors

GSXR750 K1 Front USD Forks ( I removed the carbon fiber foil because I wanted to look for damage)

VFR800 2001 Swingarm with shock,caliper and rear rotor (sorry for quality its from ebay purchase because I didnt have time too shoot it)

Rear Car Wheel 17x7 4x100

So this is the basic idea. I found the VFR800 Original rim cheap and I am gonna buy it this or next week as a tool for centering the swingarm. The car wheel I will leave in a shop to machine it down to 6" or 5.5" depending on what can be fit in the swingarm. I know it looks better with fat tyre but I dont want to loose some rideability (CBR600F2 Has 160 so 180 is fine 190 - dunno, 200+ insane)

Prices so far :
I bought motorcycle last year 860$
GSXR750 K1 USD Forks 130$
GSXR1000 K5/6 Front Rotors 43$
VFR800 2001 SSSA 142$
VFR800 2005 Rear Wheel 71$
Dezent 17"x7" Car Wheel 80$
kokal is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived kokal!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB
Default Re: Kokal's CBR600 F2 Project

Ok I added start date of this project today 31.03.2014 or in my language 31 март 2014. I will add prices for each item now. Hope that is following the rules. If it doesnt please merge both my topics

I am the one taking the pictures. The other guy doing "stuff" is my friend. Meet Ivan the Destroyer. Favorite tool - hammer.
Parting the bike out today:
Here she is stripped

VFR800 Swingarm + VFR800 Wheel

Stock Swingarm removed

And a lot-o-crap for sale

After drinking 1 beer and Ivan drinking 4 we finished the day - we couldn't fit the SSSA today as we need more measurments done so we can figure out how to center it with the wheel on. Tommorow my tripples arrive and I hope we make some progress on the back end.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

After several days of measuring, double triple and quadriple measuring some results are at hand.
Long story short :
Original swingarm pivot width was around 265mm (dont remember now my head hurts) and VFR800 was 285mm (295 measured on VFR800 2005 with spacers) so you can't shave everything from the swinger so we made the frame wider. Both sides at lowest point 15mm each side. This resulted in around 10 mm each side where the pivot lays. Using the original VFR800 Pivot bolt (bought for 15$) and shaved 8mm on left bolt side and 15mm on nut we managed to squeze everything and make it centered (as much as possible by hand that is). VFR swingarm was shaved 7 mm from right side. New spacers were made ( one 30mm OD, 20mm ID , 50mm LONG, one 32mm OD, 20mm ID , 167mm LONG and the one that came with the swinger was shave 5mm ). After centering it we started working on the front forks. Yokes from SRAD750 were same diameter at lower point, upper point was shaved to 26mm width and new thread was made. Everything then fitted perfectly with original HONDA stem bearings (correct me if I am wrong here - my technical English may be poor). Results are below

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

And last but not least Ivan the Destroyer on my bike

I am looking for suggestions on variable calipers + master cylnder
thinking of measuring 929/954 front calipers + master cylinder
or suzuki/honda 929/954 front calipers + K4 750 radial master cylinder
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

Small update today. Bought 2 GSXR750 K2 Front calipers, GSXR750 SRAD Front Rotors 2x320mm, GSXR750 SRAD Front master cylinder and brake lines. Total cost 142$. I managed to sell old fairings rear swinger and whole front so far.

Current cost
I bought motorcycle last year 860$
GSXR750 K1 USD Forks 130$
GSXR1000 K5/6 Front Rotors 43$
VFR800 2001 SSSA 142$
VFR800 2005 Rear Wheel 71$
Dezent 17"x7" Car Wheel 80$
GSXR Calipers, rotors, brake lines 140$

profit from old parts
All fairings, headlight, stoplight, mirrors 110$
Front forks with wheel, rotors, yokes also 110$
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

Almost no progress today. Called a guy who welds aluminum to weld 2 holders for the rear swinger. Took him around an hour and something to finish it. Took me 22$

Here is the result

After that we put it back in, started to line up and adjust chain. The front sprocket has to be moved 8 mm away from engine so it would line up with the rear one. Took the sprocket to a guy with lathe and will have it tommorow along with a spacer. Hoping to make a video of it running tommorow.

Best news today was that a friend gave me a whole subframe for HONDA CBR600RR 2003 - it has 2 welds which i will make the aluminum welder remake just to be safe. All in all for a gift its superb. And I just won a pair of braided hoses for 18$ from ebay . Now starting to look for 600rr seats and tail. Any ideas if I can fit 2005+ tail or it has to be excatly 2003.

Also looking for money as this project is consuming more than I am making per day
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

After slacking for the holidays we managed to make progress today.

Front brakes are giving me a hard time as they have not worked for a while and calipers get stuck easily. Working on that - its fixed for now will do more tommorow
Added rear brake line from a Suzuki Intruder 800 Front brake line. Put it inside Swingarm - nice !
The gas hose was stuck and the motorcycle didnt get enough fuel so moved it a bit and now its working
Overflow can for now

and a video of it working - cant upload to photobucket because it doesnt wanna take my m4v format from HTC Wildfire. Will make a better movie when I can. Facebook link for now

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xson...ature=youtu.be
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

Small update again due to bad weather. A guy who builds custom choppers in my town saw my progress and said we were doing great. I want to thank him for his gift today - I got a pipe from him - Screaming Eagle. The pipe is loud as hell - it needs a bit of finishing work but in due time. Pictures of course (video maybe sunday)

After that we finished for today. We spent the afternoon drinking beer with a guy who builds bobbers. Ivan wanted to sit on the bike and I made a picture ( just for show)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

Some parts arrived. New tail is in - a picture mock up for now. I have ordered a seat also and I am waiting for it to arrive so that we can cut the old one. Project will not be finished by 25th so if any admins want they can merge my two topics and move it to where its supposed to be

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #10
kokal
Noobie
kokal is a NOOB

Custom front and rear sprockets came :
Front is with 21 mm offset for 525 Chain 15 Teeth
Rear is normal VFR800 one but for 525 Chain 49 Teeth.
Bike is shorter with the VFR swingarm and with this setup its quite fun

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads