Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Racing Geek's ex500 -- Project Curb Rash **** Discussion ****

7K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Racing Geek 
#1 ·
Anyone going to complain about this build having four wheels?

#2 ·
Probably only the guys who entered a house....

:D lol...

#7 ·
It's got two sidecars? Awesome!!!!!!

But seriously, if you take that thing to anything close to the engine's limits, you have more guts than I do. Said the guy planing to take a home built front end on the highway as a daily ride.

#10 ·
It's only geared to top out at about 85-90mph so it won't be too crazy.
Seems pretty crazy to me... no suspension, right? Tiny little wheels, inches from the ground...

Then again, I suppose it's meant for track use, and they have better pavement than you see in daily life.

#17 ·
That's what I was thinking too, most people end mounting it to the shifter.

The way you have it. Does it turn with the wheel?

#19 ·
The clutch lever turns with the steering wheel and to turn lock to lock you only move the wheel about 30* to the left or right of center. Since you barely have to turn the wheel you never have to reposition your hands on it and that's why the clutch lever can stay in that same spot in relation to the wheel. I'm fine with where it is located because I have long arms and need to put my hands at 2 and 11 for it to be comfortable.

I do plan to make it easier to pull. The stock clutch lever has a 4:1 leverage ratio and this shifter kart lever I bought has a 3:1 ratio so it is harder to pull.

I didn't want to put the clutch lever on the shifter because I was thinking you'd have more control over it if it was on something solid like the wheel. Figured if it was on the shift lever and you are trying to feather the clutch so you dont lock up the back wheels on a downshift and then hit a bump there is a chance you might end up shifting it too.

#20 ·
im a lil late on this but cant wait to see this thing done maybe ill get around to doing mine then we can race. I got two shifter frames that I bought a while back ago just for something like this I just need a powerplant for it. I olmost wanted to dump the f2 motor into it but decided to do a fighter. so get r done so we can see some donuts

#22 ·
Is there an "open class" cart racing event anywhere? Because if there isn't, damn it there should be!

#23 ·
At Road America they have open track days for the Motorplex track which is only for supermotos and gokarts. I've only ever been there late in the year with supermotos and there wasn't even a tech inspection. I would imagine during the racing season it will be busier and there will be a tech inspection. I really hope they don't hold me to the "you must have a fire suit" rule and make me safety wire everything. If they do I don't think I'm even going to take it there. There are a few kart tracks within a hour drive time but I think two of the three are dirt tracks and I have no idea if they would let something like this run if it would even make it through their tech inspection. With that said I'm making this plenty safe to keep me content but racing organizations can go overboard at times tryinf to protect people from themselves.

Also, the Motorplex doesn't start open track days until June or July so I can't get any on track photos with this befeor the end of the buildoff.

#24 ·
Also, the Motorplex doesn't start open track days until June or July so I can't get any on track photos with this befeor the end of the buildoff.
Right, so a video of donuts out in the street will do I suppose...:D

#32 ·
At idle it doesn't but when it gets revved up it sort of does. Then again maybe it was just like that because it's inside the little shed. Either way it sounds better than I was hoping for but I did find a few small pin hole leaks I need to fix.

I have that same little heater... it can barely warm a warm room let alone a cold shed
Yeah it's great at warming up my ankles if I'm standing right in front of it. I have been wanting to get one of those 100k+ btu torpedo heaters for out there but they take up so much floor space. Then again with one of those it would probably only take a few minutes to get it back up to 50+ degrees.

#33 ·
I SAW THIS ON THE STREET
And it looked like one of the most intense rides i've seen in quite a while...:drinks:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.