Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

HILL-CLIMB FIREBLADE REWORKED

18K views 137 replies 21 participants last post by  BoardsofCanada 
#1 ·
Ok so I buy this ex hill-climb time trial Blade...I stared at it online for a fortnight and eventually managed to get it at pretty lenient bounty..or should I say Coronavirus discount!

Arrived like this with a tiny little bespoke alloy fuel tank (images later) that holds about 10 miles worth of fuel under a dinky fake plastic tank cover - notice the height..everything was very low and exceedingly light - 1 down n 2 up on the gearing and a stage 2 dynojet. Madness on a stick to ride..but not at all practical for any distance riding, lol

I'm not a fan of the Repsol garb anymore, it been whistling around for what seems a lifetime now..

[URL="[/URL]

See less See more
#42 ·
Another subframe arrived late afternoon, so I set about cutting n shaping it to give me the two options to develop..

...it was in particularly spanking condition too!

[url=https://imgur.com/JxrCCH8][/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

Got a wee codpiece of a cafe racer fairing coming this week - be interesting to see how it looks on this and also on the Yam. Other options would be number board or mini bates-style lights on each forkleg mounted on a billet brackets..

#56 ·
Hehe! :) ...it's my Covid-boredom getting the better of me!

Turned my back on it for 2 secs and the bastard crashed off its side stand and popped a rather handsome wee dent in what was a totally immaculate tank - thank you Jesus for keeping me grounded!

Gave me an excuse to polish up the damaged generator cover. All ties in rather pleasantly with the rest of the tennis-elbow-inducing landscape. Cunt!

Treated it to a set of flippy extendable (unpredictable and snap happy) trick looking shitey levers from HK - I'll be getting them spot welded for peace of mind!

Bitubo zorber ordered from the nice Italian people over in..Italy! It'll come all prepped to my spec as a plug in and boing! Nice..

[URL="[/URL]

#60 ·
Oooft! Damaged thumbs bejesus!!
These ain't your standard Chinese numbers though, they got tricky with this gig and made them do all measure of questionable nonsense...They do look like a million dollars mind.. for two hoots of a Ragman's trumpet!

When's the big bang gonna be road-ready?

#62 ·
This tail unit's got a bit of nostalgia about it - came from Rimini in Italy, which was my first childhood European holiday destination. Do I keep it as is and source another one or should I cut out the sentimental balderdash and just get on with it, lol!

Love the stickers

[URL="[/URL]

#68 ·
Fitted some extra fatness today - absolutely zero clusterfuckery with the wheel n axle popping in a treat! What a difference a pretty wheel makes to the overall appearance. Was a fine old afternoon after all...

[url=https://imgur.com/Ap42CWN][/URL]

[url=https://imgur.com/c9fgYB4][/URL]

Carbs had to be popped off using a bit of 2 by 2 - seriously filthy on the outside and some debris in the bowls. A weekend of carb cleaning!

Steering head bearings n wheel bearing ordered.

increments....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.