RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller - Page 57 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2020, 02:13 AM   #561
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: RZV500 Two-Stroke Roller

Just kept searching and reading. Got the answers I need.

The 3-AN size is usually used for brake lines.

Read some good info about bore size of the banjos. Bottom line is to make sure the bore sizes are identical for left and right side, and bore sizes should be at least 2mm. If splitting 1-into-2 lines, best to go from a 3mm ID banjo into (2) 2mm ID banjos.

Tried to figure a way to use banjo dry breaks directly on the calipers, but the fluid in hole is too close to the mounting bolt. Could work, but the dry break would stick out at a 45 degree angle. Would prefer to use the in-line type.

Found a video on that front brake line with the dry breaks posted above. Only $1,200 usd for the front line alone. WTF???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZbc-_-grQ
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 02:12 AM   #562
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Some interesting info:

Was looking at Stahlbus dry breaks because they have anodized black ends.
3 aluminum Stahlbus dry breaks = $1736.70 usd + shipping.
Stahlbus not to be confused with Staubli. Fucking ridiculous.

https://www.stahlbus-us.com/index.ph...or-brake-lines

3 aluminum made in China dry breaks = $16.17 usd delivered.
The China dry breaks delivered are cheaper than the Stahlbus shipping cost.

For those that can't afford STAUBLI or STAHLBUS, there is STAUBLE - to go with your BROMBOS.

This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 02:29 AM   #563
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Trying to find out what type of seal is used in the Venhill dry breaks.

The super expensive dry breaks have an EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber seal. Could this be why they cost so much?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 03:43 AM   #564
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

no way epdm seals add $1700
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #565
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Seb started on the swingarm gussetting.

Also welding the spots that were hard to get to with the arm in the jig.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #566
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
no way epdm seals add $1700
I sent a message via the Venhill UK website asking about the seals but got no response.

The Venhill aluminum dry breaks are around $110 usd. The Stahlbi aluminum dry breaks are $150-200.

Just trying to determine what the differences are.

The Chinese dry breaks are $5 each. Are the Venhill dry breaks made in China and rebranded? Truth is, I don't know what type seals are in the Chinese dry breaks, either.

I'm ready to buy some Venhills, but would feel better if I knew how they compare quality-wise.

In the meantime, I've been in contact with Venhill by private email about some different parts. Will hit them back about this question.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #567
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I had no issue with venhill, and been well into 3 figure speeds
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 03:53 PM   #568
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
I had no issue with venhill, and been well into 3 figure speeds
Venhill dry breaks are my #1 choice, based on your recommendation.

Like usual, I'm always interested in the details.

Venhill brake lines aren't going to work for me. Spent a ridiculous amount of time to figure that out. Will post details soon.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #569
yantosh

hel made me lines with venhill breaks
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #570
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Okay, it's been a long time anticipating this proposition.

I asked the big question a few minutes ago. I asked Jeff if he would be interested in making custom pipes for this bike.

Consider how long he's had my 350, making 2 pipes. The 500 has 4 pipes, and the design is WAY more complicated than the 350 pipes.

The custom swingarm from SEEBSPEED is getting boxed up and shipped to me, so the lower pipes can be fabricated. The problem is, I haven't even started on a custom tail. I need at least a mockup, so the upper pipes can be fabricated.

If Jeff were to say yes to the 500 pipes, I would need to scramble fast to get something mocked up, and I don't have a concrete plan, yet.

Waiting for Jeff's response. I'm sure he doesn't want to do it, but he charges a mint for his work, so he may not be able to resist.

I'll let you know, when I get the call.
These people High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes