Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Gixxer Thou K4 - Cheap Trick

53K views 137 replies 47 participants last post by  piester 
#1 ·
Well I've started! :party-smiley: "Cheap Trick" cos I want to keep the expense of crash damage to a minimum.
The painkillers are history so long as I take it easy and get the muscle from the missus!

I've just about got everything together I need. All from my desktop! Inspiration from all sides. Cheers.

Started with this:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Headlamp Automotive lighting

Which became this:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Auto part

See less See more
#4 ·
Now after taking off what I can manage 1 and 1/2 hands worth of work later.

Similar but now got bars off and top yoke ready for security torx T40 bit to arrive!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Automotive tire

Ready for engine clean before black laquer.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

First mod was to remove tailpiece and remove the 2 flasher relay spades from the block (the original relay also covers side stand cut out).
Auto part Electrical wiring Wire Engine Technology

The tailpiece will have cut outs to each side of the tail light for the strip LEDs.

Till later...will have larger inserted images when a bit more interesting:fu:

#5 ·
Will be giving it a bit of paint too. Renthals different lights no mirrors. shortened/stubby end can. But really just to get back ont road ready for when the plaster comes off the arm! Hopefully in 5 weeks time.

#6 ·
Still clearing the way but before Rad off I positioned the expansion bottle. AND I've just sussed how to insert images!!:Stupid:

Will fit OK so now off with Rad and bars etc. Looking cleaner now. Gunk the engine next and then power wash.

LED relay in position and wired.

#7 ·
1 tin of "Granville's Cylinder Black" ÂŁ3.99
If the pipes looks naff when cured then I might wrap them.

#8 ·
Finally cut the end can down by 220mm (8 3/4") stainless rivets new band and badge ÂŁ10.

#11 ·
Drilled holes for the rear LED indicator strip.

Checking the indicator strip for fit and position.

Bottom clamp, steering damper and rad now black.

#13 ·
Drilled holes for the rear LED indicator strip.

Checking the indicator strip for fit and position.

Maybe cause its plastic it was easier but still that is some hole drillin' perfection. I've done exactly the same with aluminum, or aluminiumium as people in your country say, and they didn't come out near that perfect to fit my flex strip through. Nice and neat, good job.

#17 ·
The tail piece will be standard, just the LED indicator strips and numberplate bracket.
I'll clean all the scuffs etc and spray up black with faded silver "flames". Loads of laquer:rock:

The front needs the headlight brackets sorting next and the cables and pipework tidying up. Then the clocks have to have somewhere to live!! Renthals on with RaceTech levers.

The expansion bottle doesn't leak:thumbsup:But not sure how it's supposed to work!

Don't you just love tywraps?

I'm guessing this bottle is the same as "Rob the Brit's" but his pic has gone.

#19 ·
Well...I fucked up the headlight surround :doh: New I should have waited till I could use the drill properly.

Drilled for the indicators like the rear but wtf...my holes are a mile off! Oh well have to change the plans slightly. Drill the holes 8mm instead of 6 and drill stainless plate with the correct pitch to cover over them...If I keep it quiet no-one will know......

#20 ·
OK ideas on Bellypans please guys!

Using the old fairing? cos it has the oil cooler guard built in. I don't fancy using the bike with it unprotected, the first week I got the bike the rad got holed:mad:

Footwear Shoe Personal protective equipment
Footwear Personal protective equipment Shoe Sports equipment
Footwear Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Shoe Sports equipment
Footwear Shoe
White Footwear Shoe Fin Sneakers
Yay or nay?

#21 ·
#22 ·
Not done much lately but gonna use 2mm carbonfibre sheet to mount the front LEDs now that the HL surround is peppered! Not a bad thing cos it means I can now mount it nearer the forks and a bit lower:thumbsup:
Been a bit pissed off cos now my plaster is off I can't move my wrist as much as I hoped so it's gonna be a few months til I get enough movement to be able to use the throttle or even grip it.

But that should give me enough time to work my wrist and get to spraying the tank fender and tailpiece. Get the headlight mounted. Sort the belly pan or not. Get cooler covers or not.

#23 ·
your making good progress so far Rich.

its tough to tell which bellypan style looks better when they arent on the bike. . . photoshop??

#24 ·
Yeah Adam I agree....it's taken me all afternoon to take a photo that's near enough the same size as the one the bellypans came off:LolLolLolLol:

AND to suss out photoshop!

Or a bit inbetween?:D

#27 ·
OK Adam just for you bud!...

The tank is now rubbed down and ready for a build/primer coat. Not sure on the artwork yet but might mix the streetfighter logo with flames!!

About to get the HLight mounted and then make the carbonfibre mounts for the strip LED indicators. Also need to fab a bracket to the drawing I roughed out for the clock/guages.

I'm back in work :yawn: next week so things are gonna slow down a bit.

#28 ·
Working on a stencil...
Line Hand Black-and-white Clip art Logo

This will be Gold fading into the black base colour of the bike..maybe. Front fender and tailpice will be the same size but the tank one will be larger.

?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.