Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

17K views 192 replies 1 participant last post by  370steve 
#1 ·
will post start pics once i am home :oops:

#189 ·
got the new crank shells i had ordered from Robinsons through this morning, so it was back on to the "engine building bench" to see how i got on this time,

appears that, condition of shell, temp, position of Plastigauge and other variables have a big influence on the oil gap readings!

when i did the last measurement the two shells on the flywheel end were both measuring 0.075* which is outside normal and very close to the 0.08 max service limit.

but this time with new shells they were both 0.040 (both within normal tolerance)

so now crank and rods are sorted, and i am happy with fitting the lightened crank**:)

then just for good luck some more pics of my swing arm arrived from Mark at Martek

#190 ·
Today i will be stripping down the crankcases again, but this time all plugs and fittings off, same with cam cover, then it will be out into the yard for a session with the pressure cleaner.

going to make sure there is no blasting medium/powder/debris left anywhere before i start the re build.*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.