Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 12:38 AM   #101
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:29 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

that exhaust should come out awesome.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #102
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
that exhaust should come out awesome.
I hope so!

I'm planning also an aluminum gas tank of a small capacity. The standard one holds about 12 liters of fuel. I'm thinking at one that holds about 6 liters or so. It's a 250, so it should provide me a range of 150 km or so. For city swinging should be more than enough. Also, a bit lighter (hopefully) than the standard steel one, which is not that heavy. I think it weighs about 2.5 -3 kg.

And to go with the new gas tank, aluminum front and rear fenders.

And a set of alloy wheels, I hope to find something lighter than the standard spoked ones. They are not that heavy...I mean, the front one weighs about 8 kg and the rear one about 9 kg, fully equiped (brake rotor, brake drum, tires, tubes, sprocket. etc.)

I bought a Yamaha MT 125 rear wheel and it weighs almost 11 kg without rubber. WTF!!! I thought alloy is lighter than steel. Mneh...threw 100 euro out of the window.
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #103
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

A small update:

image hosting sites
These people High Fived GoodKat!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2019, 01:41 AM   #104
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Allmost there:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #105
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

My latest contraption. A Mad-Max-esque fly-screen. Not the best in town but I dig the riveted speedo "pocked". Will look tits on the bike.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #106
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Dude what became of those exhausts?! I mean you don`t just give a man a semi and then just leave em there it`s just rude ;D

That cowl tho, I can already hear the retrolasers making holes in the ground as you make a break for it

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #107
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Dude what became of those exhausts?! I mean you don`t just give a man a semi and then just leave em there it`s just rude ;D

That cowl tho, I can already hear the retrolasers making holes in the ground as you make a break for it
Trust me, I know as much as you do. Bad thing about not knowing to do stuff is that you depend on others, in this case I depend on my welder friend.

He is pretty busy building his house because he needs to move his shop and he is doing the work for me among other stuff. I would like to have it faster but on the other hand, I don't like to rush him, he is an amazing welder and he asks little money for my project. As soon as I get my hands on the pictures I'll post them here.

Regarding the cowl, I'm pretty happy how it turned out. No power tools used in the shaping of it, except the polishing stage and holes drilling where I used the drill. Otherwise only pair of metal shears and a home made ball-peen hammer (too greedy to buy one...i mean, why spend $ 15 when I can reshape an old hammer into a ball-peen hammer with the angle grinder, right?) and a lot of banging
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #108
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Dude that`s hand crafted?! Fuck man I gotta step up my game on the second build whenever that comes...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #109
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Dude that`s hand crafted?! Fuck man I gotta step up my game on the second build whenever that comes...
Yes, I made it from a piece of aluminum sheet I had around. Still need to do the brackets that attaches it to the headlight bolts. Got a neat idea about modifying some stainless steel bolts to enhance the old school look.

Now I'm thinking that I also should do the side panels from aluminum.

On the other hand, the surface is not perfect. I'm thinking of creating some sort of planishing hammer... I need a compressor.
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #110
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

It`s not supposed to be perfect. That to me is the defining factor between hand made and mold pressed. Of course there are those people with unreal fabricating skills that can create flawless finish with hand tools only but I personally fall into the small niche who likes to see the imperfections rather than a sterile surface on a piece like this. I for one good sir tip my hat towards you for being able to do this. Steampunk FTW.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes