who here races? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Track Riding

Track Riding Anything related to riding on a track goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > who here races?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: who here races?

around here big bike trackdays are expensive ($200+ generally). kart track days are cheap - you can get an annual membership at Stockton for $300 I think, and whenever there isn't an event you can ride without paying. Or, $40/day for a non-member. Sears Point kart track is $60/day.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

What's up with the memberships anyway? When we reached cars we could pull up to any track and run. Just pay the gate and tell em what class and they'd give you a number. I don't understand what the membership does.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #13
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

dunno, haven't heard of any mandatory memberships around here

if you go regularly you're much better off spending $300/y than $40/d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPfa7iCXe8

race starts at 2:25

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #14
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:02 AM
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Up here we have training days. I think three different organisations on a weekly basis. Usually they charge 10-20€ for an hour of track time. And an hour is more than enough. You either register during the day and go tuere, or hope there is some free spot. Then theres track days, i think they were like 60-80€ for a day.
About organisations, IIRC we had LAMA(Latvian amateur motorcycle asociation) and that was moatly motox releated and i dont know anything about that. And then theres the LaMSF(Latvian motorcycle sport federation) this is like local FIM. Thats where i'm planning to be a licensed member. That will mean i count as an athlete you need to have permision from doctor to race and health insurance. Then you pick your race branch. Mine will be mazmotošoseja(small bike motorcycle racing)
Also those track evenings happens around two tracks
Sabi.lv
333.lv
First one hosts world rallyx stages as well. Its wothin city borders and there is some troubles about people complaining about noise levels. But that track has been there for a lot longer than houses and you dont start to live near track and expect it to be silent

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #15
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Those days are long behind me
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #16
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

picked up a new(er) bike to race

2015 KTM 450XC-F wearing SX-F tank/plastics, Thumper Racing big bore kit, 16.5/5" Excel/Talon wheels, Berringer 6pot brake, Hinson slipper clutch and cover, full FMF exhaust, supermoto triple clamps, etc

These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #17
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

I'm planning to go racing this year. I've drag raced, done top speed stuff and a few track days, but never any proper circuit racing. I did get my licence about fifteen years ago, but never did anything with it due to cost.
Here in the UK we have to have an ACU (Auto Cycle Union) licence to race, for which we must have a club licence, a medical and do a one day training programme to get the licence, but I'm only at the stage of building the bike (the 'Hack to thrash' project).
A new licence holder has to run with a reflective novice bib until they've achieved a number of race finishes at different venues.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #18
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Mini moto racing doesn't seem to be very popular around here in recent years but I have a CR85 and used to have an old YZ80 that I would do track days with. There's a small group of friends that run minis with me. Maybe I'll get back into it this year.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #19
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,383
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

i race to work
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #20
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
Mini moto racing doesn't seem to be very popular around here in recent years but I have a CR85 and used to have an old YZ80 that I would do track days with. There's a small group of friends that run minis with me. Maybe I'll get back into it this year.
I'd like to get into minis too. Once I get rid of the 03 WR450 and clean up some other stuff I'll start looking for one. Not sure what exactly though - 65? 150f? grom knockoff?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Track Riding