RW's leaner - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > RW's leaner

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer
Rwgoldsmth's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond repute
Default RW's leaner

hey guys
here is my project
I have a 86 honda goldwing that i got for free- title and such
i was just going to polish it up and sell it but i found a sidecar body cheap and i got a crazy idea.
i know this is custom fighters so goldwings and sidecars dont mix with fighters but you guys are super resource full so i figured i would post it here.

I referee roller derby and since it is a small but exploding sport i end up driving long distances to get to games. i hate cars so i would rather take a bike but there is alot of crap to carry esp if my wife is playing in the game. so i want a bike that can haul all of our crap and serve as an ambulace to take her home after she breaks herself.

About a year ago i stumbled across a leaning sidecar arrangement where the bike leans independent of the hack this is the arrangement i am going for with this build.

so here are a few blury pics as right now i have just stripped a couple hundred pounds of plastic off the bike and extra metal. last pic is of the tub i picked up for 300 bucks

I hope the pics work i'm new at this forum thing.

Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Terry Pratchett

gl1200 leaning sidehack build
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...98#post1971498
01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Rwgoldsmth is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Rwgoldsmth!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
taylorjr
Forearm of Steel
CF Pimp
taylorjr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:23 PM
Flip Offs: 67
Flipped Off 29 Times in 21 Posts
taylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on here
Default Re: RW's leaner

looks interesting, props for caring about family. will be watching.
taylorjr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:23 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Sub'd! Really interested in this project.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:23 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Hey! I have an 86 gl1200!!! I'll be going a whole different route but I'll watch what u do with urs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
Smoker
BLACK BELT
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwgoldsmth View Post
I referee roller derby and since it is a small but exploding sport i end up driving long distances to get to games. i hate cars so i would rather take a bike but there is alot of crap to carry esp if my wife is playing in the game. so i want a bike that can haul all of our crap and serve as an ambulace to take her home after she breaks herself.
Good luck with your leaner. I was planning a street legal mx sidehack, but ran short on partners.

I was a jammer for the U.S. All-Star Roller Derby Team and also played in the TV Series "Rock 'N' Rollergames". I played against the All Japan Team in the Tokyo Dome and for Japanese TV. Also done many live shows from the Olympic Auditorium and all over the place.

I also have a couple of custom bike threads going. Happy to help you if I can, but I'm no expert on Gold Wings.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer
Rwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond repute

Smoker that's crazy awesome do ya have any vids? I would love to skate in a men's league but the nearest one is a 3 hour drive to Chicago with 40 bucks in tolls lol but I get to skate in the occasional scrim with the ladies.

Back to the bike I got a few mins to play last night and got most of the fenders off . As much as I hate to say it this thing is looking more and more like a low bratty cruiser unless I can figure out a way to jack up the rear somehow with the shafty and twin shocks. I knew it wasn't going to be a cafe with needing to be two up. So it will be different to my normal ride but that's ok. Here's a picClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383225276.889856.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	33946

Also stripped off the rest of the front Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383225324.438290.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	33954
I will prolly use the front fender but cut down and the factory brace just to save cost.
While I was taking off all of the unneeded wire like radio controls ( who has a radio on a bike?) I noticed this wire going Into the stem nut on the triples anybody have any idea wot it is so I can get rid of it here's a pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383225502.219248.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	33962

Edit!!!! It is a part of the self canceling turn signals this may or may not stay lol

Also anyone ever rebuild a fork with air assist on it there is a large puddle under my forks and they are just pissing fluid? I don't know if its any different that a conventional fork.

Cheers RW

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

My dads sporty was In my shop this morning getting fueling sorted threw on the seat with a little imagination actually fitting what do you guys think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383227824.444478.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	33970

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383227840.780672.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	33978

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1383227856.414950.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	33986

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
taylorjr
Forearm of Steel
CF Pimp
taylorjr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:23 PM
Flip Offs: 67
Flipped Off 29 Times in 21 Posts
taylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on here

seat looks good.

As far as wiring... you'll have to find diagrams to figure out what it is.
taylorjr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
Smoker
BLACK BELT
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

On some bikes, jacking up the rear doesn't work out too well. As the rear end goes up - the rake angle of the front end gets steeper and steeper.

Sometimes it's better not to jack, but to attach a subframe with an upward angle. Just depends what you want to end up with.

I'll bet you could strip over 100 pounds off that monster. That stock exhaust probably weighs close to 50 lbs.

I was lucky to skate at a good time when Roller Derby was trying to make a big comeback. My first coach was Ralphie Valladares, and my second coach was Larry Lewis. I skated many games with the greats like Richard Brown, Sam Washington, Skinny Minnie Miller, and on and on.

I don't have much video or memorabelia. Just some pics and lots of great memories.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer

Well got the giant muffler off weighs 25 pounds and was freaking massive clears up alot of space.
Btw you have to take the rear wheel off which is really easy on this bike barring a seized rear caliper I was able to push the axel out with a finger. Never been able to do that on any bike I've owned.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1384054154.856747.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	35202

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1384054171.251788.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	35210

Rw

Terry Pratchett

01 fz1
13 nc700x
Assorted other Shitboxes

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes