Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels) - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #41
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels)

work on the mini has continued...

...but itís been slow going. In fact itís taken some backwards steps

Crappy British summer seams to be really confused this year and donsnt know weather to char boil everyone or dump half the Atlantic on them!

But after getting everything working it highlighted some issues

1) the Brakes continued to be crap
2) The charging system just..... didnít
And
3) half my dash decided to flicker on and off

So I had to pull the dash out for the millionth time and removed the front end again

getting bored with this now... wanna hooligan in the thing

Anyway... as the front was off I decided to throw in a few upgrades I was thinking about....
I.e. a new coil and and upgraded alternator.....bwahaha that,ll sort out my charging issue!!!
.....as everything was a bit worn I replaced with new, and while I was at it, bunged in a new set of HT leads

And sure as eggs being oval things that drop out of a chickens arse, it still didnít charge!

FFS!!!!

But on the bright side
They say you should learn summit new everyday... and today was dedicated to charging systems....
On a side note... yesterday I learnt white dog turds are very hard to spot in gravel
.... and after much reading I actually learned summit useful.

Previous owner never mentioned a charging issue & when I first removed the dash I found the charge warning light was disconnected..
Well when I say disconnected. I mean, there wasnít one. Just the two wires that should of gone to it taped off
.... I, in my wisdom, decided to re-use the circuit to light up my starter button so once engine was running the start button illumination would go out but it didnít
I took this to mean Iíd wired it wrong somehow and decided to sort it out at a later date.

What Iíd never realised though was that the warning light is part of the alternator circuit....
Really! In all these years I never knew that!
....I always thought it was just a light and removing it wouldnít affect charging. But it does.
However, when I found this out I thought. Well Iíve reintroduced a light to the circuit so it should work!

But it still didnít...

More reading and learning random shit ultimately lead me to the answer.

Turns out the light canít be LED so I switch to a filament boob and ......

....we have charge!!!!!

And as a bonus.... my dash no longer flickers!!

Now if I can just get the brakes to stop pretending theyíre made out of custard I should be laughing

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #42
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Project Alice (or...... fucking up four wheels)

Yaay \o/

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters