Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2019, 05:34 AM   #91
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

+1 for VHT being good they do a clear coat too. Primer, colour, coat. It does need engine heat to cure hard, so leave it until the end of the build / until you know you can have the engine up to heat for a few cycles.

Love the tank btw.
Cookie2000ad is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 02:21 AM   #92
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
+1 for VHT being good they do a clear coat too. Primer, colour, coat. It does need engine heat to cure hard, so leave it until the end of the build / until you know you can have the engine up to heat for a few cycles.

Love the tank btw.
Thanks Cookie!!

I got a riddle for you guys:

How do I get rid of the torque arm of the rear drum brake? It's an eye sore for me, would be nice to have it removed but also a functional rear drum brake 😄.

I'm aware that it also must have a form of freeplay so I can adjust the chain, so bolting it on the swingarm is not an option.

I looked on the internet but no succes on finding people who thought the same.
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #93
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Disc brakes without a torque arm have a slot in the swingarm which the caliper bracket slides back and forth on. Not sure if you can modify a drum brake for that style?

The end goal would be put a newer rear end with a disc brake, but it may not fit the look you're going for.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #94
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Disc brakes without a torque arm have a slot in the swingarm which the caliper bracket slides back and forth on. Not sure if you can modify a drum brake for that style?

The end goal would be put a newer rear end with a disc brake, but it may not fit the look you're going for.
Weld in a small bracket to drum. And slide in a slit. If there is a space

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #95
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Question is if you can then get the leverage on the Pivot to make it work

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #96
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Back on track with some updates.

In the last period the main time-consumer was the exhaust system.

Here are some pictures of it. Hopefully next week it will be fully welded. It is a high-mount exhaust system, fully made out of stainless steel tubing.

upload pic
These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 05:47 AM   #97
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Bloody hell that's taken more than one sitting...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #98
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

if the welding goes well it'll be awesome, no filer, just fused, it blows a hole..... nightmare
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #99
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
if the welding goes well it'll be awesome, no filer, just fused, it blows a hole..... nightmare
I'm not the welder. A friend of mine is doing the welding for me. He is a professional welder. He told me that he's going to purge argon inside the tubing while he welds on the outside, for increased strenght. Or at least this is what I understand.

On another note, I bought myself a Telwin arc welder and started welding things for my shop. Not the pretiest welds but I sure increased the "quality" (what a big word to use, eh?) of my welds.

I just got used with the amperage control, dragging speed and angle. Not the pretiest welds, but I'm happy with them for the moment.

moving dice

2mm thick square tubing, 2.5mm 7018 rods, 60 amps.

P.S. - These are my pretty welds. If I upload the shitty ones, the CF server will collapse.
These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 08:37 AM   #100
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

weld looks fine boss, sure pipes will be cool,
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes