Quick sumo build- All Rex's fault - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Quick sumo build- All Rex's fault

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:19 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Quick sumo build- All Rex's fault

So I got a new dirt bike. Well, new to me, at least.

So it was time to unload Trusty, my ever faithful XR400. But Rex twisted my arm and talked me in to a sumo conversion. Parts ordering has commenced.

After years of dirt use it was pretty funky and beat up, so a full strip down/paint/wash up was in order.

Trimmed some plastics back to knock of some visual bulk. Pretty happy with the look. DRZ headlight I had will do just right.

Stock:

Trimmed:

Then my good pal Rex talked me in spending some more money. CRF250R mufflers. Not too bad at $110 off fleabay. I swear the pair of these feels lighter than the single stock muffler.

Pretty pleased with the look and very pleased with the sound! Quiet deep rumble at idle, but they bark like hell when you rap it.

They're just kinda flopping about at the moment.

Just decided to do this about a week ago. Been piddling in the shop and snapping shitty cellphone pics. I'll try to do better.

Oh yeah, and these beauties are on their way from Racing Geek

Part of me wants to black em out, another part of me wants shiny rims. We'll see where we end up.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 01:42 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:19 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Quick sumo build- All Rex's fault

big fuck off front disc next ?
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 01:46 AM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

It would be nice, for sure. Need to do some looking around to see what I can come up with. Don't want to spend too much on this toy.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Hi stranger!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Hi stranger!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #6
AlanSmith7
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 12:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
AlanSmith7 is a NOOB

Share the look after doing changes.
AlanSmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #7
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Oh yeah

The pickled turnip gives this one two thumbs up. I am excite

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The Pickled Turnip? . What'd I miss around here?!

Exhuast trimmed to fit, muffler hangers welded on and some red paint. Wanted a bit of red out back to tie everything together. I'm happy with the results so far.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

There's some panel wear on the side of the cans. Too deep to sand out and too lazy to fill with weld. Time for some Yoshimura decals?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 01:39 AM   #10
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:19 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Get both, do Black and shite checkerboard hoops

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis