Eeeeeeeeee FE - Page 39 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Eeeeeeeeee FE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2020, 05:51 AM   #381
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE

Did some more "chopping and grinding" to the sub frame last night, small adjustments to allow me to get the 5.5in wheel movement i know i have with the shock set up without any chance of metal to metal contact, seem to have what i need at end of play, will finish off tonight by cleaning it up ready for welding.

going to draw up a design for some new top hat spacers for Taff to machine, as the swing arm spindle on the new arm is smaller in Dia than the old TL1000R one and i have had to fit smaller dia bearings, once that is done and arm is in, i will need the wheel spacers machining to fit with the quick change system and then check wheel/sprocket alignment.

will be popping over to SNT to collect my engine block and newly fabricated crank oil breather catch tank, that Neil said would be finished off today.

waiting on bits to modify my TMR.s, parts ordered through Suzuki Performance Spares (SPS) via Mikuni a few weeks ago, around 10 week supply time, but at least they have got on and sorted the order of a throttle shaft, throttle cam and cable bracket.

Tried to order the bits through "Performance Spares" (Yoshimura UK importers) to start with, but needed to chase them up once and they have never got back to me since FFS, some folk just dont want your money!!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #382
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quick trip over to SNT Race Engineering this afternoon to pick up my bits after machining,

great job done, block looks the biz and oil catch tank will sit nice and neatly under the electrics tray.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #383
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

bit of further work done on removing metal from the sub frame to give the suspension full arc with the new swinger. almost sorted, making plates and welding next.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2020, 11:18 AM   #384
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

photo angle makes it look thin, like single layer thin, sure its not, just angles
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #385
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just ordered some more bits to lighten off the bike*and my wallet!!

Ti front and rear wheel spindle coming from the machining wizards at Component Engineering

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #386
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

After trying a couple of places to ascertain if i could get my TMR's converted into center throttle cam operation, or at the very minimum get the parts needed, i

messaged Nick at SPS (Suzuki Performance Spares) who was very helpful and pleased to take my business, which the others weren't!

few messages over the next few days and all parts needed were ordered from Mikuni Factory Japan.

Today i received a package from the Carburetor Gods themselves, proper job.

will have a play with my TMR's tonight, don't look to be rocket science changing the bits over

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #387
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Steve, been looking at your pics and thinking for a while now. Rather than slim that one subframe tube for clearance, how about just removing and rerouting it? Look like maybe moving the location of that tube even 1"/25mm forward would do the trick.

I realize it's actually a continuation of the main hoop, so perhaps a curved tube could do the trick.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 03:31 PM   #388
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Steve, been looking at your pics and thinking for a while now. Rather than slim that one subframe tube for clearance, how about just removing and rerouting it? Look like maybe moving the location of that tube even 1"/25mm forward would do the trick.

I realize it's actually a continuation of the main hoop, so perhaps a curved tube could do the trick.
Shiny, i had thought about removing the bits i have slimmed down and like you say moving them for clearance, but at the moment the weakened tubes dont take a huge amount of stress and have the cross brace above them also taking stress/weight off them too.
i dont think they will be a problem

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2020, 11:18 AM   #389
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

little bit of afternoon open heart surgery, was surprised how easy it was to sort them out, the grand sum of 100.

when i asked a well known Carb repair guru for the same modification i was quote over 300

would have been back together again today, but i made the mistake of presuming the throttle return spring was the same fitment!

so quick message to SPS and part on order.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2020, 03:56 PM   #390
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
Shiny, i had thought about removing the bits i have slimmed down and like you say moving them for clearance, but at the moment the weakened tubes dont take a huge amount of stress and have the cross brace above them also taking stress/weight off them too.
i dont think they will be a problem

Yeah, that's not nearly as slim as I imagined it was. Plated shut, I wouldn't think twice about that. Glad it worked out for you easy enough.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes