Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 41 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #401
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:33 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Ahks is back?! Good to see ya still kicking man.

Yeah, I might not poke at many non-build threads, but I miss the nuts and bolts of the creativity that comes from projects here. Other places have a "look what I built (while pointing at a rizoma mirror on a bike)" or "look what I bought (pointing at a box of $10k of random farkle)" vibe and this place is one of the only places that has the "look at this thing I'm doing right now and this is how I'm doing it". Also I deleted my facebook so like half of the Internet is behind a wall for me now :p
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 07:21 AM   #402
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Planning on using this as the coolant overflow... was really concerned about finding a place to mount it

Then a buddy of mine figured out it'll fit in the fat section of the stock tail plastics

It fits a bit too perfectly to not do that :P
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 08:52 AM   #403
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Couple air duct clamps on the side of the engine then slap a NOS sticker to the side

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #404
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Couple air duct clamps on the side of the engine then slap a NOS sticker to the side

Something like that is deffo in order when I build my tail... Especially since it'll be slimmed down with zero extra space in it.
Thinking the electronics tray will have to be a printed one off designed to fit just the electronics
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #405
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Also I deleted my facebook so like half of the Internet is behind a wall for me now :p
facebook is the goddamn devil of wasted time...

Quote:
Something like that is deffo in order when I build my tail... Especially since it'll be slimmed down with zero extra space in it.
Thinking the electronics tray will have to be a printed one off designed to fit just the electronics

tpehak did an really nice write up on his buell that had EXTENSIVE 3d printed stuff. might be worth a peek

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...ghlight=tpehak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #406
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
tpehak did an really nice write up on his buell that had EXTENSIVE 3d printed stuff. might be worth a peek

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...ghlight=tpehak
His thread was inspiration actually. Started designing a printer with a 500mm cube print area. Have a few components already, but may be using them in a small CNC mill instead. Friend of mine just built a printer with 300mm cube print area, so I can probably mooch time from him if I feed him filament. If I can sort a small mill between the 2 of use we would have the ability to make all kinds of things. We're also cooperating on some powder coating equipment. Nothing professional, but plenty to do small parts at a minimum and maybe up to something the size of a motorcycle frame if we can figure out space to fit a cabinet that big
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #407
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

500mm would be nice! My ender 5 is only 220x220x300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #408
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

https://i.imgur.com/jj4lUyL.mp4

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 12:58 AM   #409
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Yeah, I might not poke at many non-build threads, but I miss the nuts and bolts of the creativity that comes from projects here. Other places have a "look what I built (while pointing at a rizoma mirror on a bike)" or "look what I bought (pointing at a box of $10k of random farkle)" vibe and this place is one of the only places that has the "look at this thing I'm doing right now and this is how I'm doing it". Also I deleted my facebook so like half of the Internet is behind a wall for me now :p
I know exactly what you're saying about those vibes. Life has been busy and I've not been around here much, but I have learned so much here. And met so many good guys, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
facebook is the goddamn devil of wasted time...

You ain't wrong! But that Marketplace sure is handy
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #410
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

In anticipation of having time this weekend to work in the garage... Getting more detailed about bits and bobs to keep the shit in my head.

Quote:
Front end
[..] Straighten, align, torque, brakes, axle, triples
[..] Drain, fill, bleed brakes

Rear end
[..] Seat, staple up my old Corbin, or whats left of it
[..] Fit plastics, mod bits that need modding to fit
[..] Check friction points for brake line, speed sensor wiring, etc
[..] Drain, fill, bleed brakes
[..] Adjust chain slack
[..] TORQUE PINCH BOLT UNLIKE THAT ONE TIME
[..] Torque rear wheel

Other
[..] Coolant reservoir (need some brass fittings, a stopper/cap, a way to mount it)
[..] Coolant flush and fill
[..] Oil+Filter change
[..] Spark plug check
[..] Finish the 4ga ground strap
Probably forgetting something...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes