Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie
Dominicanbandit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dominicanbandit is a NOOB
Default Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Hi guys im pretty new to the forum and to modding bikes, Im from the Dominican Republic where the dual sport and cafe racer scene has been pumping.

I bought a pretty beat up Bandit 600 for "cheap" what a mistake

Carbs where are screwed up gas was leaking everywhere A COMPLETE DISASTER.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190904_144859_1583009055867.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	829.4 KB
ID:	107740
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_191040_1583009002953.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	978.0 KB
ID:	107738  

Cafe/Fighter Suzuki Bandit 600 '96

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=137818
Dominicanbandit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Dominicanbandit!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2020, 12:36 AM   #2
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Bike looks good in the pics.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:20 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

carbs are the biggest hassle I ever had with bandits
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-04-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
Mick
Noobie
Mick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to allMick is a name known to all

Welcome, looks good, shouldn’t be too hard a fix.

I cut it twice and it’s still too short
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2020, 07:35 AM   #5
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Bandit carbs are renowned for gumming up if they've been stood for a while. A good clean, maybe some new seals and gaskets and they'll be fine. You know anyone who can ultrasonically clean them?...
MDM is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Reporting back to you guys, all this already happened in the past 3 months

I bought a Ducati 796 monster seat and panned on adapting it with the cowl for that menacing look

Started off building the subframe and the battery replacement location (not the best work to be honest)
Dominicanbandit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #7
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

*Sorry for the double post, had a hard time uploading the pictures* I know the picture quality sucks too.. Enjoy

Reporting back to you guys, all this already happened in the past 3 months

I bought a Ducati 796 monster seat and planned on adapting it with the cowl for that menacing look

Started off building the subframe and the battery replacement location (not the best work to be honest)

I really liked the angle of the seat. Some of my friends say its too angled and needs to be a tiny bit straighter.

This is the "finished seat conversion" it was painted in the meanwhile with spray paint to cover the welds.

In the next few days my clutch started to slip badly so I went ahead and bought a clutch kit with new springs, watched some tutorial videos on the net and took on the job (First time changing a clutch btw)

To my surprise a very straight forward procedure, changed the oil with some Repsol synthetic and she bangs through the gears like a champ. Something I did notice was that the clutch feel got really heavy. Maybe due to the new springs being somewhat stiffer.

The next step was ditching the old and trashed big stock silencer can with a "SC Project exhaust"

The bike sounds like a proper sport 600cc bike REALLY LOUD but beautiful pops and bangs

A month later a friend of mine sent me this picture:
A complete 2002 954rr front end for a really cheap price considering I live in the Dominican Republic where parts are more expensive and 100x harder to get.

So.. here is where everything turns dark.

I went ahead and started the USD front end conversion without measuring the old vs new forks without looking up for compatibility.

Stem fitted, triples modded.

On pictures I liked how it turned out, but I feel the forks of the 954rr were too short compared to the OEM front, now the bike looks too low on the front compared to the back end.

But wait theres more..
Leaky fork seals!

After waiting 3 weeks for the seals to get here...I finally went to my trusted mechanic

Where he found out that one of the forks was totally bent...

Imagine how hard it was to find 1 only 1 fork of a 954rr (A complete nightmare) eventually we did find one and replaced it.

Having the bike at the shop for 10 days I had time to buy a brand new set of Supersprox sprockets and a DID Golden chain 530.

Who knows how old where the ones on the bike.

At the moment this is how the bike sits, a tiny bit taller in the front with the new oil in the forks but still too leaned forward.

Next up I want to mod the top triple to add Bar clamps and a Pro taper handlebar, but my triple has a weird staggered shape and I don't know if its posible to drill it without the material being compromised. (HELP!)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Your second post more than made up for the first one. I think there used to be a stunt bike company that made dirtbike risers for the 929/954 but they were UGLY. Not sure if they offer them as it’s been 15yrs or more since I saw them last. You could look to see if LSL makes a kit but they’re $$$.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #9
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
Your second post more than made up for the first one. I think there used to be a stunt bike company that made dirtbike risers for the 929/954 but they were UGLY. Not sure if they offer them as it’s been 15yrs or more since I saw them last. You could look to see if LSL makes a kit but they’re $$$.

Later, Doug
I tried my best to make a respectable post haha. I was looking for the LSL kit but if in the states is expensive add to the cost around a 60% more just to get it here in my country. Ive seen some 954 with RC51 tops and its flat maybe with that I could drill the claps in.

thanks.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #10
Generalyen97
Noobie
Generalyen97's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:20 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Generalyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really niceGeneralyen97 is really nice

What head light is that? It’s pretty bad ass.
Generalyen97 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes