Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Flip Offs: 29
Flipped Off 25 Times in 23 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Since I'm tearing the bike down and last time I did this I didn't have a bike for over a year I figure I'll start a thread where I can get 's for not getting off my ass to DW

Heres what I brought home 2 weeks ago

Rode the pants off of it ...
Heres it's pants

Googled around for some inspiration...

Started buying parts... Thanks Purpony

Found a "matching" wheel on another forum...

Rode it one last time before putting it in the basement...

And it's home till it's done.

Wonder if this was part of the inspiration for the new headlight design on the new S3's

Heres some photoshopping of ideas...

And after a bit of work, here's how it sites
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

So far I've got
wheels
easton taper bars off a ktm 85sx
set of fatbar risers
box of speed triple hardware (on the way)
03 digital clocks
03 speed triple main wiring harness to cut up for bits or replace mine with
direct shift shifter (the OE bits are sloppy as hell)

Still need
Axles spacers:
Right side - 25.05 mm ID x 35mm OD x 28mm long
Left Side - 1mm longer than stock left side spacer
1050 Sprint Rotors
Rare earth magnets
speed sensor
Maybe throttle/clutch/brake lines
Headlight (have an idea for this, need to get it on paper)
sync TB's
check valve clearances
clean this dirty fucker
reassemble bike
ride bike with smile on face
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Forgot
Still need
Paint... Thinking plasti dip...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter
goodfornothing's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
goodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friends

Hahah plastidip is cool because you can just peel it off.

And I'm really digging that red one you have as an inspiration.
goodfornothing is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived goodfornothing!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Playing with jacking up the tail a few inches... Could extend the bottom subframe rail by about an inch without disrupting electrics or plumbing...

Not sure I wanna deal with modifying the plastics for this but it's a really aggressive look. Would fuck with my ergo's significantly and I'm tip toeing it around parking lots already. I have carpal tunnel as well, and this would add hand/wrist fatigue
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

with the fatbars you'll find you can get away with a higher/more angled seating position, won't fuck your wrists up so much

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #7
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You also need to...
Service the rear suspension link
Use a 5/8" front master (98 cbr900 for example)
Use a 1/2" rear master (zxr750 for example)

I am 5'10" with long skinny legs and if you're not significantly longer legged than me then leave the seating position as it is.

DW

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Depending the condition of your linkage you might find it cheaper to trade up to a later 1050 arm and linkage than buy the bearings. Nicer look, easy fit and come up cheap on occasion.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
with the fatbars you'll find you can get away with a higher/more angled seating position, won't fuck your wrists up so much
I was thinking that too. And if I'm not pleased with riding position I can look at a fatbar with a bit more rise and pull back or risers like what I had on my CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
You also need to...
Service the rear suspension link
Use a 5/8" front master (98 cbr900 for example)
Use a 1/2" rear master (zxr750 for example)
I did notice the brakes were pretty shit compared to my CBR would the master swap give me some of that feel back?
Is there a resource that lists masters sizes by make and model so I can hunt for cheap

Quote:
I am 5'10" with long skinny legs and if you're not significantly longer legged than me then leave the seating position as it is.

DW
I'm 5'7"ish with a 29" inseam. I'm pretty well accustomed to one footing it at lights and got over how silly it is to have to push the bike to move it in a parking lot :p So raising the seat height isn't as much of a concern in that department. If necessary I can sell the corbin and build me a seat. Found this orthopedic gel thats used in wheelchair pads for pretty cheap that could be cut and shaped. Cant find it on Amazon now of course...

Quote:
Depending the condition of your linkage you might find it cheaper to trade up to a later 1050 arm and linkage than buy the bearings. Nicer look, easy fit and come up cheap on occasion.
Besides the fact that they are black, whats the difference? Just poked at worldoftriumph.com and linkage part numbers are the same between my bike and all but the newest generation of s3.

Arms look a touch different tho. Not really interested in that kind of expense and REALLY hoping my bearings can do with just a repack :p
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Also since I don't have easy access to a welder...

Extending the rear subfram...
My subby attaches like this

Would it be safe to use some round or square stock to extend it so I can test out the position before commiting? I'm also considering a tail swap for next year and am thinking it may be advantageous to not fuck this one up permanently so it can sell :p

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes